Slightly annoyed by this, is it me?

• (Didn’t know if this should be in here or in SH sub forum: mods feel free to move.)

From Nad Sylvan’s Twitter account. I don’t know, maybe it’s me, but I thought this was a bit divisive from Nad. There’s room for all of us under the umbrella!

• That’s uncalled for and disappointing from him, I hope Steve has a word. They would be best wishing each other well or saying nothing at all. It seems lots of folk are already forgetting the lessons we should have learned from Covid about what is important in life

• That’s uncalled for and disappointing from him, I hope Steve has a word. They would be best wishing each other well or saying nothing at all. It seems lots of folk are already forgetting the lessons we should have learned from Covid about what is important in life

He’s since written a follow-up sort-of non-apology “..people so easily take offence…sorry if I stepped on your toes…”. Some of his responses to people who questioned him were a bit petulant too.

I think it’s great that artists are willing to engage with the public on social media, but surely Nad would have known about the history here? Maybe Steve needs to tell him to spend less time on the laptop.

• Man, Nad is acting like a jerk. This is why I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. I deal with enough idiots in my real life. I don't need additional idiocy in my virtual life.

• I suspect it was possibly meant as an attempt at subversive humour but from the comments above has evidently backfired.

I can't stand him as a performer but always hear he's a delightful chap in person, however this kind of derails that image.

Is this Twitter?

Is what twitter?

Abandon all reason

• I suspect it was possibly meant as an attempt at subversive humour but from the comments above has evidently backfired.

I think you’re right. Some of the responses to his tweet were IMHO out of order (referring to Genesis as a ‘tribute band’ was a particular highlight) and I think Nad probably hadn’t considered how it would go.

• Maybe he should be kicked in the nad-s?

Sorry.

--------------------------------------

'When you wake in the morning

Wake and find you're covered in cellophane

Well, there's a hole in there somewhere'

--------------------------------------

• Oh dear. I don't know why he does this. He could've done this far better, i.e. "we are three nights in London and Genesis are three nights in Birmingham. Everybody enjoy!" or something like that.

... make tomorrow today!

• "My hunger is great. Only the harmony and unity of Genesis' audience - fans of the old material and those of the new era - will sate my appetite. Only their tears can slake my endless thirst. Skeletus! Prepare the Tweets of Discord. We deploy at moonrise. The silence of the night will be shattered by their bickering forever."

• Maybe he's feeling pressure having to tour the same time Genesis is touring? His post could be showing some insecurity on his part and he felt the need to lash out in humor, although nobody found it funny. This does nothing for the guy but hurt his image even more. Nad? No Sad...

• Maybe he's feeling pressure having to tour the same time Genesis is touring? His post could be showing some insecurity on his part and he felt the need to lash out in humor, although nobody found it funny. This does nothing for the guy but hurt his image even more. Nad? No Sad...

Maybe he is just an ass.