• For those who are concerned that I have some advantage being an American after 2 weeks I sit squarely in last place lol. The total points earned by each player:

Genesis1964: 8 points

The Watcher: 8 points

Backdrifter: 7 points

Moonlitknight: 6 points.

Games for Week 3–good luck!

Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City

Washington at Buffalo

New Orleans at New England

Tampa Bay at Las Vegas Raiders

Seattle at Minnesota

Green Bay at San Francisco

• According to my sources I've got Tampa down at LA Rams, not LV Raiders by the way...

KC 35 LAC 29

NE 24 NO 16

Buff 30 Wash 17

Min 25 Seat 29

Rams 33 TB 26

SF 14 GB 29

PS see the other football thread re my hopes that the setlist spoilerists won't make a smash and grab raid on these threads! Until my first gig I'm visiting these threads only but with my eyes closed tight and fingers in my ears while I shout LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA. I've learned that despite Christian's good intentions and anti-spoiler measures NO THREAD IS SAFE (exactly as thewatcher predicted)

Abandon all reason

Edited 2 times, last by Backdrifter ().

• Oops, right you are. The Raiders have moved so often since the early 1980s it's hard to keep track of which city is their "home" city. They started out as the Oakland Raiders, then became the Los Angeles Raiders, then became the Oakland Raiders (again), and now are the Las Vegas Raiders. To add to the confusion the Rams called Los Angeles their home for several decades, then moved to St. Louis, and then moved back to Los Angeles several years ago. Somehow my feeble Old Henry mind transposed LA Rams to Las Vegas Raiders. Long story short, Tampa Bay is playing the Los Angeles Rams this week. Sorry for the confusion.

• ^ Blimey. We occasionally get football teams here moving but it's extremely rare. When it does happen it's usually not far from the original location in the same locale. Anyway, no problem :thumbup:

Abandon all reason

• ^ Blimey. We occasionally get football teams here moving but it's extremely rare. When it does happen it's usually not far from the original location in the same locale. Anyway, no problem :thumbup:

And I just scratched the surface. The Baltimore Colts relocated to Indianapolis back in the 1980s. They snuck out of town during a snowstorm in the middle of the night. Baltimore fans woke up and discovered they had lost their team overnight. So Balitmore lured the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore. They agreed to leave the name "Browns" in Cleveland and named the new team in Baltimore the Ravens. Three years later Cleveland got a new team and named them the Browns (again). The Houston Oilers relocated to Tennessee and were renamed the Titans. Several years later Houston was awarded a new franchise (the Texans). And the St. Louis Cardinals moved to Arizona back in the 80s. In response St. Louis enticed the Rams to leave Los Angeles for St. Louis. That lasted about 20 years, then the Rams moved back to LA. Little wonder many fans refer to the NFL as the "Not For Long" league.

• Ok I'll change my Tampa score seeing as they're facing different opposition.

Tampa Bay 27 - 30 LA Rams.

I assume I'll get a billion points and be crowned god-emperor of the universe if Tampa actually beat Las Vegas by the score I predicted, despite not playing them?

• Week 3 Final Scores:

LA Chargers 30 Kansas City 24

New Orleans 28 New England 13

Buffalo 43 Washington 21

Minnesota 30 Seattle 17

LA Rams 34 Tampa Bay 24

Green Bay 30 San Francisco 28

Total points as of Week 3:

Genesis1964: 10 points

thewatcher: 10 points

Backdrifter: 10 points

Moonlitknight: As far as I can tell I forgot to predict the games myself for Week 3 (stupid is as stupid does, or in this case doesn’t). So I’m stuck on 6 points.