Phil Collins on TV

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thought you might like to see Phil Collins on the Jonathon Ross show..:)

• Think I might still have the actual show somewhere ?... Very funny guy!!! :)

Yeah, Phil appeared on a few of Ross's shows over the years. Probably the best was during the promotion for Buster when he performed with Ross's house band and sang Keep On Running. Ross also set up a window for Phil to throw a tv set through, because Phil isn't really known for rock and roll behaviour!

• Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd drop in to this one because it is TV-related.

I'm assembling a PC compilation disc of my own and checking what I want to include on it. In doing so I've just reminded myself that oh my word what a stonkingly good track Inside Out is. I'd clean forgotten it, I probably haven't heard it for literally decades. That's going straight on the comp!

The TV connection is that I suddenly remembered it was the theme tune of a British TV drama. I haven't got very far looking this up but the main candidate is a 1985 drama that only ran for one 6-episode season and which I remember really enjoying. It was about two female ex-convicts setting up an employment agency. I recall it having a very particular atmosphere to it and that the snippet of the song used as the theme, just the main refrain as I recall, nicely matched the show. It's really taken me back. Anyone else recall it?

Abandon all reason

• Crikey, I can't remember that at all, mate. But Inside Out is far and away one of the best PC songs. A reminder that not all of No Jacket Required is synth-heavy r'n'b. Phil's at his best when he's angry and Inside Out has it all: a passionate vocal, moody sax solo, blooming loud drums and a sublime guitar solo from Mr Stuermer.

• Crikey, I can't remember that at all, mate. But Inside Out is far and away one of the best PC songs. A reminder that not all of No Jacket Required is synth-heavy r'n'b. Phil's at his best when he's angry and Inside Out has it all: a passionate vocal, moody sax solo, blooming loud drums and a sublime guitar solo from Mr Stuermer.

Not being a great sax fan - insane squalling sax a la Crimson/VDGG is more my thing - I could live without the rather Smooth FM solo on this one but it's a minor quibble in the face of such a good track. Again, while not the biggest Stuermer fan I think he's at his best on this, with melodic power chords and yeah a really nice solo. It's a top 5 PC track for me.

I'm now wondering if I should stick it at the end of the comp.

Abandon all reason

• That’s nice! I am also looking for a change. My kids’ vacation is about to begin and I am planning to add shows by Andy Yeatman for them to the watch list. I want them to watch and learn therefore, I have picked up these series. These are not only entertaining but educating as well.