What is the best Genesis concert tour?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just did this. No point waiting, eh?

Those stupid film inserts spoil what would have been a nice little film, the performance is great and I love seeing BB on drums. I suppose the director was too scared to just show a band playing, especially one not known for outrageous on-stage antics (at least at this point).

I know concert films intercut audience shots that aren't necessarily from the song currently playing, fair enough but it's done laughably badly in the intro to Los Endos when it shows ecstatic reactions to, most likely, the end of SR. (And also a woman looking somewhat distracted and just starting to yawn).

May have imagined this...but did i read somewhere that some of the crowd shots were from a Yes gig?..as i say this may have happened in a parallel universe of my mind!

• May have imagined this...but did i read somewhere that some of the crowd shots were from a Yes gig?..as i say this may have happened in a parallel universe of my mind!

I had read the same thing - that the footage was actually from a Yes concert.

• I had read the same thing - that the footage was actually from a Yes concert.

If that’s true it must have been a mix. There are those shots taken from behind the band toward the end of Supper’s Ready where you can see the audience on its feet and swaying in time with the music. During Apocalypse in 9/8, on the other hand, the crowd is seated and looks bored, stoned, or both (in particular the one shot of one guy who is clearly asleep in his seat). I suspect the more sedate shots may be of the audience at a Yes concert.

• I suspect the more sedate shots may be of the audience at a Yes concert.

Perhaps taken at the point they'd got to about three quarters of the way through Topographic Oceans? They'd have to be careful not to show all the audience members who'd slipped into a coma by that stage. Although your slumbering guy may have been well on his way to oblivion.

Abandon all reason

• Perhaps taken at the point they'd got to about three quarters of the way through Topographic Oceans? They'd have to be careful not to show all the audience members who'd slipped into a coma by that stage. Although your slumbering guy may have been well on his way to oblivion.

Precisely 😂

• May have imagined this...but did i read somewhere that some of the crowd shots were from a Yes gig?..as i say this may have happened in a parallel universe of my mind!

Correct - Mike Rutherford is quoted in Mario Giametti's latest book confirming the crowd was at a Yes gig in Philadelphia, whereas Genesis were really playing at Bingley Hall in Staffordshire.

• Other day I put on 5 concerts back to back whilst working at home and it's really noticeable at the drop of energy between 1983 Mama Tour to the 2007 Tour when you play them all back to back.

I watched

Mama Tour

Invisible Touch Tour

We Can't Dance Tour

Turn it on Again Tour (Germany)

When in Rome Concert.

The Germany concert was totally flat and I really feel that Phil had no heart in this Tour and it showed.

The Rome concert is a little better, but that's expected if you're in front of 500,000k people.

I think energy wise, some of the Last Domino shows have been better in fact than 2007