Gabriel/Hackett Reunion Spitball

• Sooooo now we know, as much as we can know anything, that Phil will no longer be part of Genesis after 2021.

This could leave things open for Peter and Steve to join Mike and Tony with Nick on drums as a reincarnation of the pre-Trick Of The Tail, pre-Phil frontman Genesis.

Pete & Tony and Steve & ?? tensions could be overcome, could they not? Mike could be persuaded to learn some of the old stuff he’s forgotten. Tony’s mellowed, apparently, so he wouldn’t be too averse to playing chunks of the ‘Lamb’.

I can dream, can’t I? :/

• Official Post

I wouldn't rule out the possibility for additional shows in 2022 - I assume Phil could change his mind after the warm reception of the shows in the UK

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility for additional shows in 2022.

Neither would I, especially when you have a manager like Tony Smith (saying for instance : "when they gathered for the very first rehearsal in New York, I immediately started planning a tour at the end of the year...").

I know he got surprised when Phil left in 2008, so now everyone has the experience, I don't think this could happen the same way today...

• Unfortunately (or not, depending upon one's viewpoint) I just don't see this happening. I can't imagine Tony and Mike agreeing to performing without Phil. I'm not even sure Peter would go along with it. I do think Steve would likely agree to such a combination going out on the road, but I honestly wonder how much demand there would be outside of the hardcore, old-school Genesis fandom for such a show, especially in the States. Maybe it would work here in the US if performed in a few very select places, although I suspect one would still encounter such moments as I saw at a Musical Box concert several years when they were doing The Lamb tour. A clearly frustrated and bored woman sitting in front of me turned to her husband and asked "When are they gonna play Invisible Touch?"

• I would appreciate if they would bring in Peter as a surprise guest for a few songs in one show. Regarding this might be the last Genesis tour ever this would be a nice gesture and not too far-fetched to make it happen.

• I think Pete has close to zero interest in singing a Genesis song at all, let alone with Genesis. It almost seems like Pete was goaded into singing those couple of lines of Moonlight Knight by Sting on their duo tour. It certainly didn't seem like something he would have done on his own.

• I think Pete has close to zero interest in singing a Genesis song at all, let alone with Genesis. It almost seems like Pete was goaded into singing those couple of lines of Moonlight Knight by Sting on their duo tour. It certainly didn't seem like something he would have done on his own.

If I understood it correctly, Sting did that on his own at first, as sort of a one-off surprise. It wasn't until later that Peter started joining him for that. I could be totally mistaken there of course. But if so, that suggests you're right, and that Peter did it somewhat begrudgingly.

• Can't see Peter going for it in a gazillion years. And as I am the anti-Nostradamus, watch it happen within 12 months 😃

Seriously though, and I am alone in this, I'd like to see them with Ray Wilson again. A big reason being Tony and Mike seem very healthy and capable of playing at the highest level, there's no really good reason they couldn't make new music again, and Ray has plenty of energy to facilitate them. And no, this won't happen in a gazillion (possibly even a bajillion) years either.

• Can't see Peter going for it in a gazillion years. And as I am the anti-Nostradamus, watch it happen within 12 months 😃

Seriously though, and I am alone in this, I'd like to see them with Ray Wilson again. A big reason being Tony and Mike seem very healthy and capable of playing at the highest level, there's no really good reason they couldn't make new music again, and Ray has plenty of energy to facilitate them. And no, this won't happen in a gazillion (possibly even a bajillion) years either.

The time to do that was 1998. Oh well...

• Maybe a crazy idea, but...if... And it's a massive if.. Phil feels up for more shows in 2022 (ie to fulfil Europe) ... Then IMO if it really is the final curtain on genesis' illustrious career, then why not go out with a big bang... One final massive show at knebworth or Hyde park (like Paul Simon few years ago)... In any case I guess it would likely be same show as currently .. but one can dream that a one song cameo for each of Peter, Steve and even Anthony as an encore?!??. That would be a fitting finale and would close the book on any expectations of Pete and Steve in particular rejoining the band in a more significant role.

One can dream!!!!

• My dream would be a new album, the very last one, with everyone involved (the three guys with Nic on drums, Phil on arrangements, percussion and backing vocals, Peter, Ray, Steve and Anthony... Maybe even Daryl and Chester as guests). I already said that before, and I know it is a dream. There would be too many people in the room. ^^

• I think they must tour Europe in some capacity? Germany, Belgium and Italy in particular were such huge fanbases for the band so tickets would definitely sell well for a continental Europe Last Domino? tour.

There's very little chance of Ray returning. Tony and Mike still shudder about the CAS tour and the lack of US ticket sales so I can't see that.

I also worry that Nic will want to carve out his own career with his own band soon rather than being 'just' the Genesis touring drummer.

Peter is constantly indecisive but one final show/tour or album with the four/five is and always will be the dream!

• Unfortunately (or not, depending upon one's viewpoint) I just don't see this happening. I can't imagine Tony and Mike agreeing to performing without Phil. I'm not even sure Peter would go along with it. I do think Steve would likely agree to such a combination going out on the road, but I honestly wonder how much demand there would be outside of the hardcore, old-school Genesis fandom for such a show, especially in the States. Maybe it would work here in the US if performed in a few very select places, although I suspect one would still encounter such moments as I saw at a Musical Box concert several years when they were doing The Lamb tour. A clearly frustrated and bored woman sitting in front of me turned to her husband and asked "When are they gonna play Invisible Touch?"

12 years from now lol lol lol....