Facebook, IG and WA

• As it stands currently,

Facebook actually doesn't exist on the internet it's not just an outage.

A lot of the DNS data was deleted it appears during some update server work affecting all FB owned properties.

It also caused people with access to fix, unable to do so and the people who could hope to restore physically, have been locked out of the building due to this also.

This occurred at the same time Zuckerberg asked a judge to dismiss the ant trust charges against FB and hours after a whistleblower revealed a ton of negative stuff about Facebook.

No idea when any of the services will be restored.

Edited once, last by choccy ().

• Yea, I can't wait to go on facebook and rant all about how we should take more breaks from facebook and stuff.

Well on a serious note, besides the actual unimportant stuff, there's at least one person (a friend who has cancer) to whom facebook is the sole channel of communication I use. I do have her e-mail address so there would be a way to get hold of her, it's just she has been exhausted a lot lately and she used facebook as the easiest channel to let all her friends know she is sorry for being behind her mails...

As for WhatsApp, well I have all the phone numbers and I can still send short messages. Or call people. Only those who live abroad will get expensive to chat with this way.

• Yea, I can't wait to go on facebook and rant all about how we should take more breaks from facebook and stuff.

Indeed!

Re your mention of texts and email. Yes it's amusing how we get so used to one or two platforms, the idea of having to go back to older ones can seem to some like losing Spotify and having to use a cassette Walkman instead.

By the way, this might be as amusing to some uk football fans as it was to me.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Indeed!

Re your mention of texts and email. Yes it's amusing how we get so used to one or two platforms, the idea of having to go back to older ones can seem to some like losing Spotify and having to use a cassette Walkman instead.

By the way, this might be as amusing to some uk football fans as it was to me.

Been lot's of great memes tonight on Twitter

• The irony though of Facebook, IG, WA all going down at the same time Zuckerberg was pleading to the judge to overrule the decision to break up IG & WA from his ownership.

IG and WA need to be seperated 100% it show's how bad it is to have all running through one system owned by one company