Last 4 UK shows postponed due to positive covid tests within band

• External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Such a shame as I was so looking forward to Monday night's concert. However, always going to be a risk. I feel sorry for people who have travelled a long way to see these shows. Hopefully they might add a few extra dates when they announce the rescheduled dates for these shows.

• Feel bad for you. I was at Birmingham it was Brilliant, beyond expectations. Hope it's rescheduled soon.

Just an aside. After 40 years as a Genesis fan, this is my first time on any forum. I have been totally surprised by the number of "Intellectual " fans who have come on here with their moans about set lists, musical alterations and Phils voice/health.

It reminds me of Radio 3 Classical where the hosts get together and criticize certain recordings or performances of Bach or Vivaldi.

Every one has there opinion of course- but Music is not about the intellect or perfectionism surely- its about emotion, and if there's one band that can do that its Genesis.

Good job I wont be on here much after the Tour finishes I would get aggravated;). Thanks to Christian and the other Moderators for a great Website. I have enjoyed all the videos and comments from each GiG.

• Devastated!

I kinda thought that could happen. Wish I had not sold my Manchester ticket now LOL

I hope they will all be okay though.

With Dublin and Belfast previously cancelled thats another tour there already. Might as well add in Paris and Berlin.

• Couldn't agree more! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Key words: "within the band". My biggest fear is Phil given every other health issue he has and also the other guys given their age (71). Not to be a downer but I"m not terribly surprised given how contagious variants are and how bleed through cases (vaccinated people contracting Covid-19) are popping up all over the place. Hopefully, their vaccines will prevent any serious health issues requiring hospitalization (which is their main intent).

I also feel bad for people that had tickets to these last UK shows. Hopefully, they will be rescheduled. I am, however, considerably less optimistic for those of us on this side of the pond. Given quarantining rules and such, I have a hard time seeing how all NA shows will proceed. I hope to be proven wrong 100%.

• Official Post

They are all vaccinated. So it’s unlikely someone will seriously get sick. Still, there are rules when that happens. Based on yesterday’s findings (Phil avoided sitting close to the background singers, both of them didn’t come forward during FYFM), it maybe is one of them, not Phil,

Speculation, still

• 800 euros for flying from Italy to Scotland with my son, car rental, two hotels in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and just 10 minutes ago this news. Of course we are already in Glasgow.

• They are all vaccinated. So it’s unlikely someone will seriously get sick. Still, there are rules when that happens. Based on yesterday’s findings (Phil avoided sitting close to the background singers, both of them didn’t come forward during FYFM), it maybe is one of them, not Phil,

Speculation, still

The title of the thread has been misquoted. Should read "positive tests" within the band, indicating more than one.

• They are all vaccinated. So it’s unlikely someone will seriously get sick. Still, there are rules when that happens. Based on yesterday’s findings (Phil avoided sitting close to the background singers, both of them didn’t come forward during FYFM), it maybe is one of them, not Phil,

Speculation, still

They may be all vaccinated, but they are always together, especially during the acoustic set. And who knows how close they are to each other backstage. It's only normal - they are friends and already a few weeks into the schedule, they must have started to feel a bit more relaxed about the rules. It's only human. With this in mind, I believe Daryl, Nic, Mike or Tony are in good enough shape not to be too seriously affected by the virus. My biggest concern, obviously, is Phil. Even if he is fully vaccinated, he may be at risk of getting seriously sick. Maybe he is not the one who tested positive, but he must have been exposed to the virus in one way or another in the 4 to 5 days before the virus was finally detected. And remember, the statement speaks of "tests", so at least two of the guys are infected. I have tickets, and I couldn't care less about my tickets. I just hope they all take care of themselves in the coming days. This tour seems to be doomed since the very begining. In French, we say "une mauvaise bonne idée" or, if I translate: "a good idea gone bad".

Edited once, last by somsom ().

• 800 euros for flying from Italy to Scotland with my son, car rental, two hotels in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and just 10 minutes ago this news. Of course we are already in Glasgow.

I’m still in Glasgow too, coming from Paris and now this fucking « sad news ». I didn’t realize it but there was a risk to cancel some shows.

• jrpm721

Changed the title of the thread from “Last 4 UK shows postponed due to positive covid test within band” to “Last 4 UK shows postponed due to positive covid tests within band”.