Last 4 UK shows postponed due to positive covid tests within band

• I don't think so. It's still a couple of weeks ahead and the only question would be health issues. But I think I read somewhere they are all vaccinated, so we can assume they won't get sick, at least not for long.

What remains unclear is the general situation in the US and Canada regarding indoor shows and large crowds.

In Canada [Toronto , Ontario at least] our Government said that it is Ok to have full attendance shows now. I am not sure about Montreal , Quebec or the US cities.?

• So I wonder if they are still doing the North American leg on the tour in the dates scheduled???

I feel bad for the people who are missing the last dates in the UK. ;(

Will depend mainly on their health, I guess, and I hope they are well. The quarantine time is nearly up.

This tour was always a risk though, wasn't it? Who knows when it will be really safe...

• According to this lady, who seems to know Mike Rutherford quite well, he is one of the sick members (there are four of them she says, confirming what we already know). Phil Collins is in great shape, she said too.

Don't worry, nothing serious as she knows, they're all recovering.

This is not the main point of the video, though. It's more a casual conversation about various things (cocktails, polo...). Quite enjoyable. It happened a few weeks before the start of the tour.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• According to this lady, who seems to know Mike Rutherford quite well, he is one of the sick members (there are four of them she says, confirming what we already know). Phil Collins is in great shape, she said too.

Don't worry, nothing serious as she knows, they're all recovering.

This is not the main point of the video, though. It's more a casual conversation about various things (cocktails, polo...). Quite enjoyable. It happened a few weeks before the start of the tour.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The lady of course being the former wife of George Harrison and subject of Something.

Thanks for posting that. Being a cocktail consumer myself I'm interested to see who else she's chatted with and about which cocktails. I'm fond of a Manhattan myself, and my favourite haunt Scooter Caffè bar in London does a mean Old Fashioned and a very potent Godfather.

But what a weird format, showing stills of the two of them chatting while she and the tech guy just sit there.

Abandon all reason

• "Cocktails with Pattie Boyd..."

the former wife of George Harrison

How is it possible that I didn't make the connection right away !?

Her name did ring a bell with me but I couldn't figure why...

Now it just seems so obvious...

There is a rumor, which is that George Harrison played on Hideaway, the final song of Mike's second solo album.

Since Pattie seems to know Mike for a long time, that rumor could gain in consistency...

EDIT : Actually, not a rumor anymore, but a fact it seems. Someone named Martyn Ford on Youtube put a comment under this video. Since he's credited as the string arranger for the track...

• Interesting that 4 out of the 6 are sick.

Maybe Phil & Nick are the okay ones, especially as Nick has been very public on Social Media

Originally it was thought the 4 that were sick were 2 members of the band, a family member and a member of the crew. Wonder if wires have been slightly crossed somewhere or whether more members of the band have come down with it.

• Key words: "within the band". My biggest fear is Phil given every other health issue he has and also the other guys given their age (71). Not to be a downer but I"m not terribly surprised given how contagious variants are and how bleed through cases (vaccinated people contracting Covid-19) are popping up all over the place. Hopefully, their vaccines will prevent any serious health issues requiring hospitalization (which is their main intent).

I also feel bad for people that had tickets to these last UK shows. Hopefully, they will be rescheduled. I am, however, considerably less optimistic for those of us on this side of the pond. Given quarantining rules and such, I have a hard time seeing how all NA shows will proceed. I hope to be proven wrong 100%.

I hope that they are ALL alright.

Apparently there may be a new variant that is more dangerous than Delta in England. I saw this on CNN from the US in Canada.

I hope not but please get fully vaccinated every one. I am getting my 3rd shot [booster] this Tuesday.

My thoughts and prayers are with every one.

Take care. Music is great but lives are so much more important. Covid 2019 is not just another common Flu.

• Just thinking this evening... If Phil didn't get it and four others did... Is he going to be thinking "man, I dodged a bullet there"? Should we be thinking that? I want to see them so badly, and I'm confident the show will go on, but maybe putting a 70 year old diabetic in front of thousands of cheering/singing/shouting fans just isn't a brilliant idea.

• Just thinking this evening... If Phil didn't get it and four others did... Is he going to be thinking "man, I dodged a bullet there"? Should we be thinking that? I want to see them so badly, and I'm confident the show will go on, but maybe putting a 70 year old diabetic in front of thousands of cheering/singing/shouting fans just isn't a brilliant idea.

The recent adding of the rescheduled in London and adding more dates in the U.S. is a very great sign that all will be Ok in Genesis Land. :thumbup::)

• Official Post

The Glasgow show has not been rescheduled yet, but when they do, it will be in the OVO HYDRO

Which is the same venue, but the sponsor changed ;)

• Ticketmaster has just informed that Belfast SSE Arena show is no more postponed but cancelled. I hope the same won't happen to Glasgow.

• Official Post

I have deleted a couple of postings which are off topic obviously. Please stick to the topic, i.e. the four postponed UK shows - of which one is still not rescheduled.

• Has there been any news regarding the band's recovery status? I know their health is their own private matter, but just curious how they're doing, and hope they're feeling back to normal by now...

(My breakthrough case knocked me out for about 8 or 9 days, and then I was fine... but I'm younger, in my mid-40's.)

• Official Post

Has there been any news regarding the band's recovery status? I know their health is their own private matter, but just curious how they're doing, and hope they're feeling back to normal by now...

(My breakthrough case knocked me out for about 8 or 9 days, and then I was fine... but I'm younger, in my mid-40's.)

no information about the health status, but this morning I got confirmation that the US tour will go ahead as planned, so all should be okay.

• Has there been any news regarding the band's recovery status? I know their health is their own private matter, but just curious how they're doing, and hope they're feeling back to normal by now...

We'd heard that 2 band, 1 crew and 1 family member tested positive but no indication was given that anyone was symptomatic. As Christian said the US tour is going ahead so if anyone was actually ill they're presumably fine now.

Abandon all reason