GENESIS: Belfast & Dublin shows cancelled

• Official Post

Tickethoders of the Belfast and Dublin shows were informed that this show has now been cancelled. They were not able to reschedule this one.

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…shows-cancelled-n757.html

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “GENESIS: Belfast show cancelled” to “GENESIS: Belfast & Dublin shows cancelled”.
  • What a pity for those Irish fans who didn't or couldn't see them in the UK, believing the shows would be rescheduled. I wonder if the slow loosening of restrictions by the government made it too difficult to predict when they could realistically stage the show.

• Official Post

Shame, doesn't bode well for any further Europe dates.

let's wait .... Don't think they will only do three London shows and possibly Glasgow in March. There will most likely be more gigs around that time.

• Really sad news for those in Ireland and Belfast.

Way covid is spreading so fast again, I'm not surprised especially as it seems the UK are losing control again.

I'm guessing North America and the London Shows may be it (if they all go ahead)

I'm pretty sure Phil doesn't want to do any more.

• I can imagine its a real jigsaw puzzle trying to put something together for next year. So many artists have moved concerts to 2022.

Just looking at the Dublin Arena events around the time of the London concerts and it looks very busy. So I guess that's the reason they had to cancel.

I agree with Christian we need to wait and see. It would be a bit strange to just rock up and do 3 nights at the O2 after a 4 month break.

• Is everyone missing the final sentence of the official social media posts from yesterday?

"More tour news coming soon..."

Given that they just announced a 4th show in the New York City area they seem amenable to adding shows. It’s a shame the shows in Ireland were canceled. Though I hope I’m wrong, to me management and the band wouldn’t use the term “canceled” if they intended to reschedule those shows.

• Genesis themselves (or their social media anyway) haven't actually said anything about the Belfast/Dublin gigs being cancelled yet have they?

That would suggest something else is being planned. They definitely would have made a statement if they were being cancelled and nothing else was being put in place.

• Official Post

Genesis themselves (or their social media anyway) haven't actually said anything about the Belfast/Dublin gigs being cancelled yet have they?

That would suggest something else is being planned. They definitely would have made a statement if they were being cancelled and nothing else was being put in place.

the cancellation was sent out by venues and ticket sellers and they won’t do this without reason. Whatever comes next, I assume Genesis wont play in Ireland / Northern Ireland any more

• I would just say, Cancelled has a very permanent finality to it.

Postponed, is a more positive terminology if the show's were going to be rescheduled.

I also wonder, if the Ireland gigs are affected by Red tape also, due to Brexit and Visa's.

Do we also know if the show's were selling well / sold out?

• Yeah, cancelled sounds like they're cancelled. More tour news sounds like new dates in other places. Hopefully. And who knows, maybe there'll be a Dublin date at some point but for now it seems like a line has been drawn under it.