Prog News!!

• Greenslade

Coming from Esoteric at the end of September -

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...d-2cd-edition/

A NEWLY RE-MASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THE 1973 DEBUT ALBUM BY GREENSLADE

WITH BONUS DISC OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC SESSION RECORDINGS MADE BETWEEN JANUARY & APRIL 1973

INCLUDES ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY BY MALCOLM DOME

Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded 2 CD edition of the classic self-titled debut album by GREENSLADE. Formed in 1972 by former Colosseum keyboard player Dave Greenslade, the band also featured former Web and Samurai member Dave Lawson (keyboards, vocals), former Colosseum bass player Tony Reeves and drummer Andrew McCulloch (formerly with King Crimson and Fields). The calibre of the members of Greenslade ensured that the group would be innovative, ground breaking and dynamic in their musical approach and would also be notable due to the absence of a guitarist within their ranks. Originally issued in February 1973, “Greenslade” was a fine debut album and featured such future classic compositions as ‘Feathered Friends’, ‘Melange’, ‘Drowning Man’ and ‘Sundance’.

Considered by many to be a band at their finest on stage, this expanded edition of “Greenslade” includes a bonus CD of recordings made for BBC Radio One between January and April 1973, offering a glimpse of the excellence of the band in a live environment and released for the very first time. This Esoteric Recordings expanded edition has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes and features an illustrated booklet with many rare cuttings and includes an essay by Malcolm Dome and exclusive interviews with Dave Greenslade and Dave Lawson.

DISC ONE

GREENSLADE (RE-MASTERED)

1. FEATHERED FRIENDS

2. AN ENGLISH WESTERN

3. DROWNING MAN

4. TEMPLE SONG

5. MELANGE

6. WHAT ARE YOU DOIN’ TO ME

7. SUNDANCE

DISC TWO

BBC RECORDINGS JANUARY – APRIL 1973 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)

1. TEMPLE SONG

2. FEATHERED FRIENDS

3. AN ENGLISH WESTERN

BBC RADIO ONE “SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES” SESSION RECORDED 10TH JANUARY 1973 FIRST BROADCAST 29TH JANUARY 1973

4. SUNDANCE

5. DROWNING MAN

6. FEATHERED FRIENDS

7. MELANGE

BBC RADIO ONE “IN CONCERT” RECORDED AT THE BBC PARIS THEATRE, LONDON 5TH APRIL 1973

• COT, have you got Reale Accademia Di Musica - 'Angeli Mutanti' yet? I have this already mate!... ;). Unless you're getting this as a CD ?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A review on the new Phideaux album....:)

I've seen this guy before and he's done a number of great reviews...

This album should be out soon!................;)

• Gryphon - ReInvention(Pre-Order)

http://www.thegryphonpages.com/shopuk.html

I am quite a fan of Gryphon. Has a nice Celtic/Folk sound in their music.

Brand new album after 41 years, release date 1st of September

You can now order the new ReInvention CD direct from the website. The first hundred copies bought from there will be signed by the band. It is also available from today at Fairport's Cropredy Festival from the Talking Elephant stall, and from September 1st you will be able to order copies from distributors Burning Shed and Dark Peak. Vinyl copies will be made available also soon...

• From that site it shows some good albums coming out in October from Sanguine Hum, Glass Hammer, The D Project, Anima Mundi, Carptree, Haken to name just a few

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• A NEW NEAL MORSE BAND ALBUM "THE GREAT ADVENTURE"

The follow-up to 2016’s critically acclaimed THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM, which critics hailed as “a masterpiece,” will be the ninth studio album with Morse, Portnoy and George, and the third as a true collaboration with this current lineup. Together, Morse and Portnoy have launched four bands, but the one that has endured the longest and thus with the most musical output has been THE NEAL MORSE BAND.

“Let the great adventure now begin…” The closing line of THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM, has proved to be strangely prophetic. The new album is exactly that: a perfect companion piece to TSOAD’s partial retelling of John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim’s Progress. It has everything that fans would expect from an album by THE NEAL MORSE BAND, and more: rock, metal, classical and jazz elements appear throughout, as well as some killer melodies, all played faultlessly by some of the greatest rock musicians on the planet.

As Neal Morse explains, “This band continues to amaze me! I have to say it was a little daunting to follow up THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM as it was such a special album and it delivered every night at our concerts, but I believe that THE GREAT ADVENTURE will have a tremendous impact as well. This new double album is everything that I hoped it would be! I listened through last night and I was in tears at the end!“

Mike Portnoy emphatically agrees. He says, “How do you follow an epic double concept album??? Well, create another epic double concept album!! Hahaha. I always knew topping THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM was going to be difficult, if not impossible, as I held it in such high regard, but alas, I am absolutely blown away with what we achieved here! We’ve created what is the ultimate companion to TSOAD.”

“Sometimes there are things that you just can’t mess with,” Randy George continues. “On THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM we tapped into something special. I was sure that the follow up should be something quite different, but you have to follow your heart and follow the music where it wants to go. THE GREAT ADVENTURE is nothing short of a miracle. It’s similar to SIMILITUDE in concept and form, but yet it’s tougher and deeper in its tone! This is a powerful work and I look forward to playing it live!

• Happy to see there will be a new Karfagen album in January 2019! 'Echoes From Within Dragon Island' Antony Kalugin has released many wonderful albums. Highly recommend them.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.