GENESIS: European shows 2022 announced

• Don't rely on me but I'm guessing that yes it's telling us there are seated and standing (floor) tix available but if the seat plan is showing both in the same section then I'm not sure what would mean. It could be that FLOOR in this sense means arena floor, ie front seating.

EDIT: Doh! 🤦‍♂️ Just realised, "OR" will be Gold. It's different levels of ticket. It'll likely be all seats, just in different categories.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Hi there,

I have been watching the different tickets on sale in La Defense Arena, Paris. There are some places named "Parterre or Assis". Does it mean that people can be mixed seated and stand up in the same zone? I don't understand 😅 Please can someone help?

Thanks!!

Hi,

No.

Only seated.

• I’m a little surprised they didn’t add a few US shows—maybe Los Angeles, Dallas or Houston, and Denver or Kansas City. Could be the band wants to head back home sooner rather than later as Christmas looms.

How about more Canadian shows.? We are not America and the Covid situation is less crazy here in Eastern Canada.

For my Dutch friends , I am glad that they are going to Holland.

All in all , I just happy that every one seems healthy in Genesis Land and the tour is back on track for most fans. This could have been a whole lot worse.

• Australia has pretty much re-opened. Just saying....

Sadly, Phil nixed the planned tour there in 2008.

Phil often talked about doing concerts with Genesis they never played before, but then they never happened, especially as his Solo tours would go on for ever and reach some far out places.

It's a shame really, especially as if not for his physical health issues in 2008+ I think there may have been an opportunity for more Genesis (album even) but sadly Phil replaced his drumsticks with bottles of wine & never recovered.

• I'm a little surprised they're not including Italy, a sort of early spiritual heartland for them and of course the site of the huge free concert on the 07 tour.

I think they had limited time availability so they can close out in London.

Also, the Rome concert, was a fitting way to say goodbye to Italy.

• if you look at the 2022 schedule, I think Glasgow won’t be rescheduled anymore. There’s no space. Also little options for extra shows. Perhaps Berlin and Amsterdam …

my feeling is: This is it …

But of course, they don't make this official, so that when it's announced it's canceled tickets for other venues will be sold out! And I had tickets for the first row, I'm so angry about that!

• I'm a little surprised they're not including Italy, a sort of early spiritual heartland for them and of course the site of the huge free concert on the 07 tour.

I'm not in the least surprised by the management choice....already in 1992 the only Italian show of the We Can't Dance Tour scheduled in Turin at Delle Alpi stadium was canceled due to a low presale....here in Italy there has never been a generation change and the average Genesis fans has 60 years and up......

who controls the media belongs to that age group...band biographers cannot publish books that don't have Peter Gabriel on the cover.....this is the current situation in Italy.

• Sadly, Phil nixed the planned tour there in 2008.

Phil often talked about doing concerts with Genesis they never played before, but then they never happened, especially as his Solo tours would go on for ever and reach some far out places.

It's a shame really, especially as if not for his physical health issues in 2008+ I think there may have been an opportunity for more Genesis (album even) but sadly Phil replaced his drumsticks with bottles of wine & never recovered.

This is 2021, not 2008.

I know it's unlikely but hope springs eternal.

• Official Post

Glasgow should have been a priority over the new shows IMO.

Tour logistics are not that easy apparently. Obviously the priority was to move the London shows as soon as possible. That opened some doors for the European shows. Who knows what’s behind this, but it’s quite tricky To find alternate dates that fits everything (see Dublin / Belfast, I’m sure they have tried to reschedule them but then they couldn’t)

• Tour logistics are not that easy apparently. Obviously the priority was to move the London shows as soon as possible. That opened some doors for the European shows. Who knows what’s behind this, but it’s quite tricky To find alternate dates that fits everything (see Dublin / Belfast, I’m sure they have tried to reschedule them but then they couldn’t)

I think the Irish shows are more about Covid rules in Ireland than anything else. Maybe still not allowing large gigs?

P.S. Looks like they do have gigs listed for 2022.