General comments / discussion about the tour .

• What are the best recordings on YouTube

Be nice Xmas viewing

Check out this one - really good quality -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Check out this one - really good quality -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice

This time last year we were waiting for April 2021 but so happy we finally got it in the Autumn. Birmingham night 2 was great

• PG won't appear at the final London show.

I'd love it to happen, I'm scheduled to attend that gig and of course I'd love him to appear. But it won't happen.

... then you may be very pleasantly surprised :). I still think that something will happen given that it's the absolute last hurrah. We'll see....or rather, you'll see.

• I just watched the Kino Lorber “The Last Domino?” documentary (I didn’t get to see it on TV (I’m not even sure if it was shown on TV in the US), so I got the DVD recently).

Anyway, I thought it was quite well done, and I’m quite glad that I got it (especially if there will be no official DVD/BluRay release from the tour itself). However, in the final credits, the mother of all typos was clearly evident. I had to rewind it again to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. No, I saw it properly the first time…

If you have the DVD itself (or the ability to see it on TV again at some point), check out the overly (and ridiculously) misspelled version of Daryl’s name in the closing credits. According to the person who typed the credits, his name is, allegedly, “Darly Struermur”.

A misspelling in the end credits of a film, of course, sometimes happens. However, this one is one of the more aggressively “creative” ones I have ever seen. I was so shocked by how badly executed it was that I have to admit that it made me guffaw briefly, both in humor and in disappointment. How did no one notice it before the discs were manufactured? 🤷‍♂️

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Maybe this live introduction by Phil is the source for this spelling? :/

That's great! ^^

Of course, that does introduce a possibility that could actually be the explanation for why it is spelled that way in the credits, i.e., it could be a nod to the fact that Phil and/or others have (intentionally or unintentionally) mispronounced his name so often over the years that it felt right to spell his name bizarrely in the credits in what could be the band's final official video release. An "in-joke", as it were.

After noticing the misspelling, I did analyze the end credits more closely. It appears to be the only misspelling in them. So, I guess we have two possibilities: an incompetent typist or an inside joke. I wonder if there is any way to find out for sure... :/

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...