18 November 2021 | Genesis live in WASHINGTON DC | reports **SPOILERS**

• Official Post

Ah great Duchess is back already! Way better choice and fitting for the show. Lets hope they keep it until London…………….

maybe they alternate both tracks in North America

I can’t imagine they do misunderstanding in Europe. Abacab would be an alternative there

• Official Post

Did somebody take some photos? I have a review ready to go online, but 2 photos would be nice to illustrate the article

• Official Post

A review about the Washington show is now available

It was written by a fan who lost interest after Duke and came back to the band as he got older.

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…-concert-review-s808.html

• Awesome review. I’ve never left a Genesis concert disappointed and I surely won’t be disappointed with this one. They have always delivered for the fans. Can’t wait, only 2 more days.

• Official Post

We also enjoyed this review. If you want to contribute a review to our website, just contact me. Not only Genesis, also Hackett etc...

• I am likely one of the youngest writing here; I was born 2 years before Genesis came back in 2006-2007. About 10 years on, I start listening to these geniuses and love it. (What hasn't been said about these guys?) I learn Firth of Fifth on the piano and endlessly listen to every album I can find. (This is partially out of mania, but also desperation because I find today's popular music migraine-inducing levels of awful. And it's somehow worse now than 5 years ago! Way worse (in my opinion)! It's just made me admire the craft behind Genesis' music more, though, and that's probably why I didn't stick just with their later hits.)

So then I find out about these things called 'concerts', and, hey, what if Genesis did that? 65 years old? Bah! No reason at all they couldn't...wait they already did?

And then imagine my shock - probably from many people - when Phil started touring and Mike joined him and then Tony and Nic and Daryl on a Genesis tour again....

Even though I definitely don't get the historical significance of the band like...probably pretty much everyone (older than me) here, it was a shock to me because I thought history was history, and yet I was going to get the opportunity to see another glorious incarnation...live.

COVID-19 hit here literally days after they announced this, and the venerated sheet of paper I printed out - listing only dates in Europe at the time - put hopes even lower. Then they announced they'd venture into the nation of mental insanity we know and love that you don't need me to mention, and on top of that, COVID-19 went away! And there was much rejoicing was still here. I thought they'd cancel and/or postpone a few here, but luckily, inexplicably dodging these trivial issues brought us to D.C., and you to this sentence.

You might've heard me there-I was the one who screamed yelled exalted in joy when Nic started Firth of Fifth. The concert was fantastic in nearly every way. Phil (+2) SANG, Mike, Tony, and Daryl PLAYED, and Nic...I thought he was astoundingly good. It's weird to think about, but he's literally the reason that any of this happened. If he hadn't been drumming, then Phil probably would've never returned to touring, and neither would've Genesis. (Well, technically then Phil's the reason. And whoever taught Phil to drum. Etc., etc., you know.)

The only things I thought subpar were the graphics, at times (mostly Land of Confusion...the stuff falling from the sky was a bit cheesy, but everything else was fine with that one. And some of the other stuff seemed uninspired, really; not much happened with stuff like Mama or Duchess (though the idea for Duchess was really cool), and the Dominoes in domino...I mean the domino in Dominoes...wait, the Dom-It just seemed a tad graphically unrefined sometimes.)

And then the stage design was...weird. Probably because of how normal it looked. Looking at the grandeur of '06-'07's stage, this seemed a bit underwhelming...and maybe too symmetrical from the front. I was on the infamous side (of "the little people way up there"), though, and the speakers/domino lights bordered on obstruction at times.

But it was an amazing experience, still. I got to share it with my dad, who had been deprived of Genesis live since the early '90s. I can't forget any of the concert, no matter how little I try, because it was always going to be, was, and was being a monumental moment for us both, and for him even more so than me. They played his favorite and mine, and the rest was nothing less than godly. The music was so well played...I just wish Phil and the other singers had more chemistry.

We cried, we laughed, we applauded. I annoyed everyone else around me with my enthusiasm, but you know what? (Yes, I'm sorry, Section 432 or so.) It was my only time to ever show the band how much this humble follower loved their work.

And I'm so glad we got the chance.

Edited 2 times, last by ICader: Poyo ().

• We were at the show in DC as well, sitting up sigh the “little people.” It was fantastic show and a evening my girlfriend and I will treasure always.