20 November 2021 | Genesis live in CHARLOTTE | reports **SPOILERS**

• Official Post

20 November 2021

GENESIS live in Charlotte - Spectrum Center: The Last Domino? Tour

Setlist:

Feel free to post photos and reports here or arrange meet-ups with other fans.

Which shows of THE LAST DOMINO? USA / Canada leg 2021 will you see?

• I will be in Charlotte, preferably dressed as an unusual character!

Currently booking hotel and bus tickets. I hope to commune with fellow fans before the show!

• Official Post

twyal09

moonlitegraham

Looking forward to your reports! Enjoy the show.

• Just got out of the show. Glad that Duchess is still being played. Was the highlight for me.

Phil sounded better than I had expected. A few lyrics butchered, Domino in particular, but otherwise very solid. The entire band seemed to be having fun all night. Mike especially appeared to be having a ball. Got a little choked up during Fading Lights. Would have made a great closer. Although Carpet Crawlers makes sense and sounded great.

If you are on the fence about seeing them one last time, don’t be. Do it while(if)you can.

A great victory lap for an incredible band.

• Just got out of the show. Glad that Duchess is still being played. Was the highlight for me.

Phil sounded better than I had expected. A few lyrics butchered, Domino in particular, but otherwise very solid. The entire band seemed to be having fun all night. Mike especially appeared to be having a ball. Got a little choked up during Fading Lights. Would have made a great closer. Although Carpet Crawlers makes sense and sounded great.

If you are on the fence about seeing them one last time, don’t be. Do it while(if)you can.

A great victory lap for an incredible band.

I know you’re addressing butchered lyrics, but I must admit that at the DC show it seemed to me that Domino was the song where the changes in Phil’s voice caused some problems. The first part was dropped so low that I never got past the sense while listening that he was off-key. The second part was I thought much better.

• I know you’re addressing butchered lyrics, but I must admit that at the DC show it seemed to me that Domino was the song where the changes in Phil’s voice caused some problems. The first part was dropped so low that I never got past the sense while listening that he was off-key. The second part was I thought much better.

Agreed. Much more control during the second half

• Really good show! I hesitate to say great because I felt like the slower tempo took away from the energy of the songs. Butchered lyrics aside, I’m glad they had back up singers since Phil was unable to sing a long sustained note. I thought Phil’s voice was good for his age and physical condition.

I swear, I have never seen so many people going back and forth from their seats to wherever they were going. Is it cause we’re old and need frequent bathroom breaks?? or was it for beers? I saw people leaving early which surprised me as well.

• Really good show! I hesitate to say great because I felt like the slower tempo took away from the energy of the songs. Butchered lyrics aside, I’m glad they had back up singers since Phil was unable to sing a long sustained note. I thought Phil’s voice was good for his age and physical condition.

I swear, I have never seen so many people going back and forth from their seats to wherever they were going. Is it cause we’re old and need frequent bathroom breaks?? or was it for beers? I saw people leaving early which surprised me as well.

• this was my first Genesis show and was so happy to hear Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea, Domino, Mama....wow I was floored. I’m sad we didn’t get Misunderstanding in the setlist. We saw Phil 2 years ago in CLT and I while he played a lot of his stuff, he threw in some Genesis along with Follow You Follow Me showing a video montage behind him of the band through the years. After the show I told my wife I’d do anything for them to tour again only to my surprise 2 years later back in the same arena hearing them!

I couldn’t believe how many people got up and went to the bathroom or got beers etc. I had one that I got as I went to my seats and I’d have peed in my cup if I had to go that bad. So irritating how often people were making us stand up. Then as the concert got closer to the end we noticed some getting up and was evident they were leaving. What is with people? Then the band left the stage which everyone should be aware by now that an encore is coming - still a large number of people streaming for the exits. Guess they wanted to beat traffic.

I’m very grateful I got to hear them live as well as Phil 2 years back. My only regret is we should’ve seen the Raleigh show the night before too and didn’t.

• this was my first Genesis show and was so happy to hear Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea, Domino, Mama....wow I was floored. I’m sad we didn’t get Misunderstanding in the setlist. We saw Phil 2 years ago in CLT and I while he played a lot of his stuff, he threw in some Genesis along with Follow You Follow Me showing a video montage behind him of the band through the years. After the show I told my wife I’d do anything for them to tour again only to my surprise 2 years later back in the same arena hearing them!

I couldn’t believe how many people got up and went to the bathroom or got beers etc. I had one that I got as I went to my seats and I’d have peed in my cup if I had to go that bad. So irritating how often people were making us stand up. Then as the concert got closer to the end we noticed some getting up and was evident they were leaving. What is with people? Then the band left the stage which everyone should be aware by now that an encore is coming - still a large number of people streaming for the exits. Guess they wanted to beat traffic.

I’m very grateful I got to hear them live as well as Phil 2 years back. My only regret is we should’ve seen the Raleigh show the night before too and didn’t.

That is why I don't drink at concerts that I don't want to miss. Had zero drinks for my two shows and never needed to use the bathroom.

• This getting up and disturbing everyone is something I have noticed too especially in bigger venues. I have no issue if people need toilet breaks but the constant need to get drinks etc can be a pain. I saw Steve Hackett at Bexhill a much smaller intimate venue and I cannot remember anyone leaving their seats during his performance. In the videos from this Genesis tour I have been amazed to see people moving during some of the emotional highlights of the show. I guess not everyone attending is a big fan like we are!

• I guess not everyone attending is a big fan like we are!

Given the venue sizes it'd be amazing if they were.

Whether being a more peripheral fan = more drink/toilet breaks I don't know, possibly. Whatever the reason, it can get ridiculous. I'm sure there's partly an element of the "CONSUME! CONSUME!" urge. "A short walk away there's drink and food. I MUST HAVE SOME!" "Look there are people getting drinks. I MUST TOO!" Plus, over my decades of gig-going I've seen that regular combination of rock gig, men, beer. It's one of the fundamental laws of the universe. Lots of Rock Gig Blokes feel they are under an unbreakable contract to pour as much beer into themselves as possible at rock gigs.

(See also Ill-Fitting Tour Tshirt Stretched Across Belly syndrome).

Abandon all reason