The Ultimate Genesis Crossword

• Hi guys,

I’ve just joined this forum and am not sure if this is the best place to post this but here is a Genesis Crossword that I devised recently. Hope the photo image of the crossword grid comes out ok. Let me know how you get on!

The Ultimate Genesis Crossword

ACROSS

2. Gabriel’s farm in Supper’s Ready

6. It was in this country, with its strong classical /operatic traditions, that Genesis first found fame

7. Lyrics inspired in part by T.S. Eliot

8. What am I? You can tell me by the way I walk

10. Collins’ first venture as solo vocalist

12. Gabriel performed Moonlit Knight dressed as this character

14. This track from 1972 was Inspired by Keats’s ‘On First Looking Into Chapman’s Homer’ and Arthur C Clarke’s ‘Childhood’s End’ and it opens with a minute and a half of swirling mellotron.

16. This Hackett number from 1976 will leave you in knots!

18. The king referred to in Can-Utility and the Coastliners

19. A Hackett track from 1972 that took musical inspiration from the Prelude of Suite No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007 for cello by Bach.

21. The waters in this song are dangerously androgynous

22. Posh school where the band met

23. Dangerous vegetation!

25. This song Is about a rapidly ageing spirit with a lifetime’s desires surging through him.

29. Tony Banks describes this album as Foxtrot: several years on

30. It wasn’t until after the release of this album that the band finally got out of debt. The album also features a song of the same name that was written 7 years prior!

32. Back in 1980, Gary Numan was all the rage. This aptly titled song was Rutherford’s attempt to sound like him and the verses achieve his objective. Thankfully, the chorus delivers more of what we love

33. This guy was the eleventh on the 8th studio album

34. EP of leftovers from Wind & Wuthering released in May ‘77

35. In this song you hear about ‘a muddy pitch in Newcastle’

36. ‘How dare I be so beautiful?’ is a quote from this man who was the band’s first manager

DOWN

1. Hackett found blood on these in 1976.

3. The name of the ‘big’ guy in this ballad

4. A Tony Banks track from 1976 that he worried resembled the melody of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

5. A song about two rival gangs fighting over East-End Protection rights.

9. A dangerous game to play with Cynthia Jane De Blaise-William

11. Rejected from inclusion on the Foxtrot album. Subsequently recognised as Hackett’s finest solo.

13. Danced to by Pan’s People on TOTP, this song was written for Genesis' roadie Jacob Finster (1971-1973) who could never hold down jobs - he was a lawn mower, a pawn store clerk and a cashier. By the time he died, he worked in a doughnut shop where he overdosed on heroin.

15. This 1976 song about a mythical creature was inspired by Led Zeppelin and has a hard rock drum beat dedicated to John Bonham.

17. Song written specifically to appeal to a female audience, as the band had determined that about 95% of their fanbase was male. It was also their first hit in the US

20. Song about a landlord wanting rid of his tenants

24. The title of this 1980 song is only mentioned at the very end of the track.

26. A highly personal Peter Gabriel epic. It is featured live on ‘Seconds Out’. Gabriel said that seeing Collins sing it was like “watching someone in your old clothes and you're not sure how well they fit."

27. Italian photographer, author of iconic Genesis book

28. Don’t trespass in this song unless you ‘wanna drink’

31. Gabriel didn’t find any hair on this in 1974

I’ve put together this crossword for you all to enjoy.