2, 3 December 2021 | Genesis live in PHILADELPHIA | reports **SPOILERS**

• Hi there, new to this forum but I’ve been a fan of the band since the ATTWT/Seconds Out days. I was lucky enough to see six shows—both Chicago, both Philly and both NY.

I’d been looking forward to hearing Duchess but as you know they played Misunderstanding instead in Chicago which was a bit disappointing. When I finally heard it in Philly I have to admit I teared up. So wonderful, with fantastic visuals to boot.

Overall I was impressed with how well Phil’s voice held up. By the second night in NY he seemed to struggle a bit, I think perhaps from the stress of four shows in five nights? In any case, kudos to him for making this final round, I can’t imagine how difficult it is for him to tour with his very limited mobility.

I filmed Philly night 1 in its entirety, wanted to share with you all:

https://youtu.be/LGHqfaeLvPc

• thanks for sharing. Great quality!

• I hate to say this as it pains me to do so as a huge Genesis/Phil fan, but I watched him singing Lsnd of Confusion on YouTube from their show in Newcastle, UK…🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That was ROUGH. Poor guy. Not sure this your should’ve happened. Better to go out on top I think.

• I’m surprised about that particular song. I was at Newcastle and don’t remember there being any issues with it. There were a couple of points early on where I wondered how this was going to turn out, mainly to do with him being a touch slow at times, but that song sounded fine at the time. I’ve just looked at a couple of videos and it seems ok. Was it the first or second night you watched? 30th September or 1st October? Of course it’s a bit different when you are there and in the moment.

• I hate to say this as it pains me to do so as a huge Genesis/Phil fan, but I watched him singing Lsnd of Confusion on YouTube from their show in Newcastle, UK…🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That was ROUGH. Poor guy. Not sure this your should’ve happened. Better to go out on top I think.

I’m surprised about that particular song. I was at Newcastle and don’t remember there being any issues with it. There were a couple of points early on where I wondered how this was going to turn out, mainly to do with him being a touch slow at times, but that song sounded fine at the time. I’ve just looked at a couple of videos and it seems ok. Was it the first or second night you watched? 30th September or 1st October? Of course it’s a bit different when you are there and in the moment.

Not sure why the Newcastle show is being discussed in the Philadelphia thread. 😄

The Newcastle show has its own thread here:

30 September, 1 October | Genesis live in NEWCASTLE | reports **SPOILERS**

Anyway, at the Philadelphia show, “Land Of Confusion” was wonderful at show I saw on December 3rd. I also pointed out in my review earlier in this thread about the dangers of making sweeping conclusions based upon only watching YouTube videos, and I stand by those yet again. Things generally sound different (and better) in person.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Your video footage and audio is extremely high quality...thanks for sharing. Phil's vocals are so much stronger than the early part of the tour (as I predicted in another post somewhere!), and he seems so much more animated in this show. Legend

• I’d been looking forward to hearing Duchess but as you know they played Misunderstanding instead in Chicago which was a bit disappointing. When I finally heard it in Philly I have to admit I teared up. So wonderful, with fantastic visuals to boot.

YES! An immediate fist pump as soon as I heard the unmistakable drum-machine intro!! "Duchess" is one of my favorite Genesis songs, and I had read about it possibly being replaced by "Misunderstanding", so I was ecstatic they played it in Philly!