5, 6 December 2021 | Genesis live in NEW YORK CITY | reports **SPOILERS**

• Official Post

5, 6 December 2021

GENESIS live in New York City - Madison Square Garden: The Last Domino? Tour

Setlist:

Feel free to post photos and reports here or arrange meet-ups with other fans.

Which shows of THE LAST DOMINO? USA / Canada leg 2021 will you see?

• Just bumping this for no other reason that I am flying out from Los Angeles for my birthday weekend to see this show (and American Utopia). Was a huge fan during Duke era, faded a little in Abacab and then was out for the more pop stuff. One of my main rock regrets as an amateur drummer is never having seen Phil and Chester live. I know Nic rocks it, saw him with Phil solo, so will live with that

• Official Post

Just bumping this for no other reason that I am flying out from Los Angeles for my birthday weekend to see this show (and American Utopia). Was a huge fan during Duke era, faded a little in Abacab and then was out for the more pop stuff. One of my main rock regrets as an amateur drummer is never having seen Phil and Chester live. I know Nic rocks it, saw him with Phil solo, so will live with that

enjoy the show and post your comments here :)

• Big 2 nights coming up.

Genesis performing at Madision Square Garden for the last time.

I wish was able to get there for this as I was there the first time they played the “big” arena.

There used to be a smaller venue inside MSG downstairs called the Felt Forum where they had played before but it wasn’t until the W&W tour in 77 they actually played what Phil called that night the “big room”.

I was fortunate to be there that night and on a few other tours as well but just can’t make it this time unfortunately.

Enjoy everyone going as it’s sure to be a couple of special nights.

• Official Post

Enjoy the shows everyone who’s going!

• That smaller venue is actually still there, just with a different name: "Hulu Theater At Madison Square Garden".

No doubt it’s still there. I think after the Felt Forum it was the Paramount Theater.

Maybe there was another name change in there somewhere else and I have no doubt knowing Jim Dolan (the MSG and teams ass owner) the naming of it changes with who’ll pay the most for naming rights.

Sucks because it was the Felt Forum for a long time back in the day.

• No doubt it’s still there. I think after the Felt Forum it was the Paramount Theater.

Maybe there was another name change in there somewhere else and I have no doubt knowing Jim Dolan (the MSG and teams ass owner) the naming of it changes with who’ll pay the most for naming rights.

Sucks because it was the Felt Forum for a long time back in the day.

Yeah, it's had a few different names over the years:

Felt Forum 1968-1989

Paramount Theater 1991-1997

The Theater at Madison Square Garden 1997-2007

Wamu Theater 2007-2009

The Theater at Madison Square Garden (again) 2009-2018

Hulu Theater At Madison Square Garden 2018-present

• Just bumping this for no other reason that I am flying out from Los Angeles for my birthday weekend to see this show (and American Utopia). Was a huge fan during Duke era, faded a little in Abacab and then was out for the more pop stuff. One of my main rock regrets as an amateur drummer is never having seen Phil and Chester live. I know Nic rocks it, saw him with Phil solo, so will live with that

For cities west of Chicago, I felt the worst for LA for not getting a date or two on this tour. LA supported Genesis from the early days just like Chicago and the cities on the I-95 corridor in the Northeast US.

In any case, I’m glad you are catching a show. 👍

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Oh, by the way, for those that went to Sunday’s show, could you tell us if NYC got a city-specific shirt the same way that Montreal, Toronto, and Philadelphia did?

Thanks in advance! 👍

• Still on a high from last night. Amazing, epic show.

My father surprised me with tickets a week ago for my birthday, then about an hour before we got in my brother who works hospitality at the Garden got us major seat upgrades. Fantastic view of the whole stage and a great crowd around us.

The show itself was fantastic. Phil exceeded expectations and was in great shape. His voice sounded good and his humor and spirit were intact. Nic is an absolute beast of a drummer and I can only imagine how good he will be 20 years from now. Tony and Mike were as reliable as ever and Daryl was in fine form. The backing vocals were unobtrusive and added depth and texture to many songs, in particular "Afterglow."

I'm so glad I wound up getting "Duchess," was really worried "Misunderstanding" would come back again. The visuals were absolutely stunning throughout, particularly "Mama," "Home by the Sea," and "Domino." I loved the acoustic set, particularly "Follow You, Follow Me."

All in all, a perfect evening. I was exhausted as hell at work today having only slept 4 hours, but it was worth it. I love this band and they are going out in style.

• Oh, by the way, for those that went to Sunday’s show, could you tell us if NYC got a city-specific shirt the same way that Montreal, Toronto, and Philadelphia did?

Thanks in advance! 👍

Mild Mannered Superman , per my question above, did you notice if they were selling a NYC-specific t-shirt for these shows at MSG?

Great review, by the way, and I’m glad you enjoyed the show so much! 👍

Nevermind! The official store has just put up the NYC-specific t-shirt on their site.

Also, today only (Dec. 7, 2021), the site is having a flash sale of 25% off of everything, even these newly-created shirts! So, if you would like one, today would be a great day to get one!

• Thanks for the heads up about the sale of 25% off. Not sure why when I go on the store site, there is no mention of it. Was there a code you used?

Thanks for your help

• Thanks for the heads up about the sale of 25% off. Not sure why when I go on the store site, there is no mention of it. Was there a code you used?

Thanks for your help

the discount should show up in your cart before checking out.

That’s right! No code necessary.

I hope people got to take advantage of the sale!