10 December 2021 | Genesis live in ELMONT | reports **SPOILERS**

• Official Post

10 December 2021

GENESIS live in Elmont - Belmont Park Arena: The Last Domino? Tour

Setlist:

Feel free to post photos and reports here or arrange meet-ups with other fans.

• Official Post

Who will be in Elmont tonight?

• A few thoughts on the Elmont show.

The venue.

The USB Arena was clean, modern, with seating that had more legroom than anywhere I have been before. The parking logistics were a nightmare. Awful signage around the venue.

Many empty seats. Some entire sections with good sight lines had nobody in them. Too many shows in the NYC area? It was a Friday night, not a Tuesday.

The show.

There seemed to be something lacking tonight. I don’t know if it was a lack of crowd energy that influenced my overall experience, but I felt like the band struggled to get into a groove. Phil seemed to be a step behind on many songs, especially Domino.
    On the positive side, they pulled it together for a stellar Afterglow, and Second Home By The Sea was the best I have heard of the three shows I’ve attended.(Charlotte, Philly)

it was still a fun night seeing my favorite band. If it was my first time seeing Genesis since 2007, I’m sure my perception would have been different and not as critical.

Seeing Boston later this week to wrap up my live experience with the band.

• O was speaking to someone in ticketing recently, and they mentioned that empty seats recently fan be chalked up to vaccine/ illness issues. They are getting calls about refunds because of vaccine requirements plus people looking for refunds when people are not feeling welland awaiting covid tests.

a you went brand new arena, that I guess was supposed to be awesome with acoustics. How did it sound.

• O was speaking to someone in ticketing recently, and they mentioned that empty seats recently fan be chalked up to vaccine/ illness issues. They are getting calls about refunds because of vaccine requirements plus people looking for refunds when people are not feeling welland awaiting covid tests.

a you went brand new arena, that I guess was supposed to be awesome with acoustics. How did it sound.

The sound quality was great. A lot of times in Arenas I hear sounds bouncing off the walls and coming back again. There was none of that. I actually took a walk to different spots around the place just to check out the acoustics . It was pretty even throughout and exceptional.

I dunno. If this was about Covid and vaccines why wouldn’t a substantial number of empty seats be a common sight at all the shows on the tour? Given the fact they canceled the show in Brooklyn I suspect this is more about scheduling too many gigs in the NYC area.

• I dunno. If this was about Covid and vaccines why wouldn’t a substantial number of empty seats be a common sight at all the shows on the tour? Given the fact they canceled the show in Brooklyn I suspect this is more about scheduling too many gigs in the NYC area.

For all we know that maybe true. I imagine some of the Brooklyn folks were in attendance. I can speak from my own experience when I went to the Chicago gig there was literally no one else from Chicago but all over the nation and in one other case South America. So it seemed to be a hot national ticket, rather than a regional big deal. Not that this is official, the official Belmont Tee shirt has a sold out letting out in front.

I think it's the promoters who gauge to see interest in demand and have a lot to say in where to put shows and how many. Course after the calling all stations time we all know promoters could be wrong too.

• For all we know that maybe true. I imagine some of the Brooklyn folks were in attendance. I can speak from my own experience when I went to the Chicago gig there was literally no one else from Chicago but all over the nation and in one other case South America. So it seemed to be a hot national ticket, rather than a regional big deal. Not that this is official, the official Belmont Tee shirt has a sold out letting out in front.

I think it's the promoters who gauge to see interest in demand and have a lot to say in where to put shows and how many. Course after the calling all stations time we all know promoters could be wrong too.

Here’s that t-shirt that you mentioned:

https://store.genesis-music.co…-2021-tour-tshirt?cp=null

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...