Top 10 Genesis tracks

• Interesting to see no songs from The Lamb received more than one vote. In fact, I believe I was the only person among the participants who actually selected any songs off that album (I had two of them in my Top 10, early on).

No, I think Blacksword also cast a vote for the Lamb. But he was the countryman to your townman and split the vote with 'Chamber of 32 Doors'

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• Depending on how much time you have on your hands, you could always edit Fly On A Windshield together with Broadway Of 1974 on Audacity. That way you have one damn fine piece of music of a decent length. And Hairless Heart can easily be extended using the same software so that it doesn't end so soon - of course, what it really needed was a guitar solo...

The only editing I'd need to do would be to remove that irritating half second gap between the two tracks. Bugs the hell out of me why they had to chop it up like that. Same gripe about the way Home By The Sea is unnecessarily divided. Floyd have no problems letting stuff flow together on Dark Side etc. To the extent that I don't even really know the tracklisting - it's just one piece of music. Ditto The Wall.

• The only editing I'd need to do would be to remove that irritating half second gap between the two tracks. Bugs the hell out of me why they had to chop it up like that. Same gripe about the way Home By The Sea is unnecessarily divided. Floyd have no problems letting stuff flow together on Dark Side etc. To the extent that I don't even really know the tracklisting - it's just one piece of music. Ditto The Wall.

There's no gap between the two tracks is there? I agree that The Lamb is one complete listening experience, just like The Wall :thumbup:

• No there is a gap - between every track on the album. That's what annoys me. Not that I care about much of the material anyway.

There aren't supposed to be gaps. It sounds like there's an issue with your copy, or something.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Yeah that's definitely not a widespread issue on official releases... Having gaps between every track would really muck up the Lamb listening experience! (Ditto Home by the Sea)

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he, or she?

• Well, those of us who bought the albums by the band have never experienced those gaps. If people want to download dodgy MP3s off the internet, though, I doubt they care much about music in the first place.

• Good to see Motherlode getting some love :)

For a dreamy ten-year-old listening when it came out as I was, outstanding song for me, that bit between 3:36 and 3:42 just has to be turned up loud and then the finale bursts into life, if there's a song poll on here for ATTWT then Motherlode would be my first choice (and FYFM the very last - I have always thought it a bit of a fish out of water on the album).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My cat is named Duchess.

• There aren't supposed to be gaps. It sounds like there's an issue with your copy, or something.

Yeah, you're right - it could well be that, given the means by which my recording was.. ahem.. procured. Dumb of me not to realise.

Now that you know the answer to that split second gap you’ve complained about in numerous posts you need to go out and buy yourself an original copy.

I’ll lmao if you do! 😂😂😂

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• outstanding song for me, that bit between 3:36 and 3:42 just has to be turned up loud and then the finale bursts into life

I started playing the video you posted with the intention of skipping ahead to check the bit you meant, but as soon as it started I couldn't bring myself to skip and just had to listen to the whole thing. Gosh what a great track. And you are dead right by the way about that bit.

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he, or she?

• I started playing the video you posted with the intention of skipping ahead to check the bit you meant, but as soon as it started I couldn't bring myself to skip and just had to listen to the whole thing. Gosh what a great track. And you are dead right by the way about that bit.

A magical song, best track on the album for me. Wonderfully constructed, it has both subtelty and power. I think my top ten is probably a bit wishy-washy to some but as we know it's each to their own, - on another day The Musical Box might appear in the ten!

My cat is named Duchess.

• As this exercise is long finished I will state my top 10 in one go, in chronological order:

Can Utility

Moonlit Knight

Back In NYC

Carpet Crawlers

Ripples

Blood on the Rooftops

Inside & Out

Down & Out

Many Too Many

Duchess

Abandon all reason

• My Top Ten

(no order)

Carpet Crawlers

Looking for someone

Stagnation

The Lamia

Back In NYC

Moonlit Knight

Calling All Stations (despite the fade-out and the FM sound)

Fading Lights

The Cinema Show

The Musical box

Best to all,

Benjamin