New dashboard settings / "latest posts" section

• Wow man, you are on fire in this thread. The casual zingers are just electric. A towering display of wit. Bravo.

You've got to admire the ability to crowbar - red-faced, straining and sweating - "woke" into a thread about re-setting the dashboard. That's dedication!

I hadn’t even noticed the aside that's caused this aggro, perhaps due to having no idea what Curb means, but since it’s now been singled out to take the thread off topic anyway:

I’m often simultaneously amused & bemused by the loud protestations of those who suspect they might be described as woke. It’s defined as being aware of social injustice - who objects to that? Yet the touchy reaction & immediate denigration of anyone who merely uses the term in passing is tiresomely predictable & often creates an unpleasant & tense atmosphere.

If the original poster had attacked someone then a defensive response would be justified. But a throwaway aside? Seriously? :/

• Somewhat belatedly: thanks Christian!

From the viewpoint of a casual visitor I prefer these Latest Posts settings, & can’t help feeling that it’s more encouraging for all the potential new forumites generated by the band’s current tour to see at a glance what’s happening in the Genesis-related threads instead of being confronted with a long list of song titles relating to hatstands, owlets & marshmallows ;)

The only remaining improvement I'd guess you'd like to see is the renaming of Dashboard to Dashbored! :D

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I hadn’t even noticed the aside that's caused this aggro, perhaps due to having no idea what Curb means, but since it’s now been singled out to take the thread off topic anyway:

I’m often simultaneously amused & bemused by the loud protestations of those who suspect they might be described as woke. It’s defined as being aware of social injustice - who objects to that? Yet the touchy reaction & immediate denigration of anyone who merely uses the term in passing is tiresomely predictable & often creates an unpleasant & tense atmosphere.

If the original poster had attacked someone then a defensive response would be justified. But a throwaway aside? Seriously? :/

It's not a "throwaway aside" though, it really is "I hate wokeness and I am determined to bang that hatred in with a big mallet at every opportunity even when it's completely unrelated", which is what I find amusing. If you wish or choose to characterise that as a loud defensive protestation, go to it and enjoy 👍

Abandon all reason

• It's not a "throwaway aside" though, it really is "I hate wokeness and I am determined to bang that hatred in with a big mallet at every opportunity even when it's completely unrelated", which is what I find amusing. If you wish or choose to characterise that as a loud defensive protestation, go to it and enjoy 👍

I read it as a throwaway aside not directed at anyone in particular. But even if it was somehow aimed at you, then what does it really matter since if you consider yourself to be woke (& if you don’t, why respond to something so peripheral?) then surely that’s something you’re comfortable with? Every time someone responds defensively to what clearly isn’t a personal attack, it suggests to ordinary bystanders that they have a nagging worry that there’s actually something discreditable about the trait that was mentioned in passing & need to reassure themselves.

• gang of three back to their old tricks again.

if you get triggered by a (one word!) trigger warning, maybe you should get off social media for a while - can't be good for your blood pressure.

hate/hatred ..... what on earth are you talking about? (This is coming from someone who spends their day calling complete strangers "gammons". (a lefty twitter insult aimed at fat people of a different political persuasion for those not familiar)).

It's "Curb your enthusiasm" btw, boredatwork, new series is rather good imo, it's on YT. From the same stable as Seinfield, which is the only reason I mentioned it.

---

(fresh) fish supper I think

Edited 2 times, last by vl1 ().

• This one's triggered by the word "expert", and the edit count. (quite a catch today).

You could have all said, yeah it's a good idea, instead you just sit there sniping