New dashboard settings / "latest posts" section

• Somewhat belatedly: thanks Christian!

From the viewpoint of a casual visitor I prefer these Latest Posts settings, & can’t help feeling that it’s more encouraging for all the potential new forumites generated by the band’s current tour to see at a glance what’s happening in the Genesis-related threads instead of being confronted with a long list of song titles relating to hatstands, owlets & marshmallows ;)

What you appear to be saying is you want all those posts to stop.

I haven't posted here for several days because of what has occured in this thread. The games are just a harmless diversion. All you have to do is ignore them.

• What you appear to be saying is you want all those posts to stop.

I haven't posted here for several days because of what has occured in this thread. The games are just a harmless diversion. All you have to do is ignore them.

No, not in the least. I don't want the games to stop. They’re a vibrant part of the forum & long may they continue. But the forumites who participate in them will click on the Games section anyway whenever they visit & will then immediately see all the latest threads. Other users, including prospective new ones coming across this forum, will see what’s happening in the Genesis-related threads. So the latest settings seem like a good idea of Christian’s, especially now while the band are active!

• No, not in the least. I don't want the games to stop. They’re a vibrant part of the forum & long may they continue. But the forumites who participate in them will click on the Games section anyway whenever they visit & will then immediately see all the latest threads. Other users, including prospective new ones coming across this forum, will see what’s happening in the Genesis-related threads. So the latest settings seem like a good idea of Christian’s, especially now while the band are active!

Agreed! The games section is very popular, and all strength to those who partake regularly. BUT it was making the "unread posts" section (which I use) almost impossible to follow. I invoked the "ignore thread" option before Christian's change, so it's not a problem now anyway.

Choosing not to post because of comments in a single thread is..... a little over the top?

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Agreed! The games section is very popular, and all strength to those who partake regularly. BUT it was making the "unread posts" section (which I use) almost impossible to follow. I invoked the "ignore thread" option before Christian's change, so it's not a problem now anyway.

Choosing not to post because of comments in a single thread is..... a little over the top?

I was annoyed plus I had other issues, apologies for the melodrama.

• One of the main reason I like the games thread is, I have so much music it's disturbing!....8|:)

The reason;..... I either forget band names or tracks.

The threads help me to look them up again either in my library or youtube them ;)