STEVE HACKETT - Foxtrot at Fifty (Genesis Revisited) & solo highlights tour 2022 & 2023 & 2024

• While as I said earlier I don't much like these Genesis shows I echo the above sentiment. He's clearly settled into a fruitful live pattern and with the various anniversaries this decade he'll see out the 20s and probably retire. There won't be any further pure solo tours in my view.

Cash, cash, cash can do anything well.

• Really, guys. I am getting tired of the constant "he's only doing it for the money" rants. Steve is the only Genesis member who plays the old albums and he does it in a more authentic manner than anybody else. When I saw his Selling England show it was a dream come true since I've been born way too late to see the original show. Accusing Steve of milking the cash cow is quite retarded - just my humble opinion.

• Really, guys. I am getting tired of the constant "he's only doing it for the money" rants. Steve is the only Genesis member who plays the old albums and he does it in a more authentic manner than anybody else. When I saw his Selling England show it was a dream come true since I've been born way too late to see the original show. Accusing Steve of milking the cash cow is quite retarded - just my humble opinion.

Some of us have made the point (including earlier in this thread) that while it's probably a decent enough earner, he likely also simply enjoys doing these tours and rightly gets a strong sense of the audiences being appreciative. While the shows aren't for me, I recognise and understand all those factors being a part of what drives him to do the tours. The notion he does it ONLY for the money isn't retarded but I'd say it's off the mark.

Abandon all reason

• Accusing Steve of milking the cash cow is quite retarded - just my humble opinion.

I’m not clear on how branding someone else’s opinion as “retarded” falls into the category of being “humble,” but I’ll accept the criticism that my statement could have been more clear (and more nuanced). I don’t mean to suggest that Steve does these shows simply for the money. At the same time, I think it’s a bit naive to think it’s not at all about the money. I think he’s found a sweet spot where he gets the best of both worlds.

• Official Post

my personal view is quite simple

1) I'd like to see Steve play more of his solo stuff

2) I enjoy the Genesis classics

3) I appreciate he changes his setlist A LOT

4) I'd be even more happy when Ray Wilson would join the band .... **

** always thought a tour together with two 90 min sets would be great.

• I'd go out of my way to see a Steve show with Ray singing. I thought he did a great job with the bits of Gabriel era Genesis he sang with the band, and it would be really neat to hear a real Genesis singer belting out Can Utility and the like.

• i have seen Steve on several old solo tours and a few of the new Genesis shows. Don't have an issue with him doing them, but for me i struggle to get into Nad' s voice and also the fact that he is not center stage. He tends to stay fairly static while Steve takes center stage.

Guess i am used to seeing either Peter or Phil taking charge of the show and the same with some tribute bands for the vocalist

Musically can't complain at all, just that the visual aspect doesn't grab me...but that is just my opinion!

• i have seen Steve on several old solo tours and a few of the new Genesis shows. Don't have an issue with him doing them, but for me i struggle to get into Nad' s voice and also the fact that he is not center stage. He tends to stay fairly static while Steve takes center stage.

Guess i am used to seeing either Peter or Phil taking charge of the show and the same with some tribute bands for the vocalist

Musically can't complain at all, just that the visual aspect doesn't grab me...but that is just my opinion!

I love the tours and I did struggle with Nad’s voice a little - although in recent tours I think he has become stronger and the sound has improved so I enjoy him now. But I completely agree about the visuals. Even though Steve is the ‘star’ it’s odd to have the singer to one side and slightly to the rear. This is coupled with a lack of chat from the stage. Nad doesn’t speak and Steve doesn’t speak much. When he does he’s good at speaking to the crowd and it creates a much warmer and stronger atmosphere. We have also lost the charisma of Gary O’Toole on the drums. Now he is doing whole Genesis albums he sometimes

plays the whole thing without saying a word. All this leads to the atmosphere of a recital, rather than a concert. It’s a shame because he is very good when he tries because he is witty and a nice bloke with an interesting story to tell. Having worked with Phil and Peter he must know how important those bits of chat are.

• I love the tours and I did struggle with Nad’s voice a little - although in recent tours I think he has become stronger and the sound has improved so I enjoy him now. But I completely agree about the visuals. Even though Steve is the ‘star’ it’s odd to have the singer to one side and slightly to the rear. This is coupled with a lack of chat from the stage. Nad doesn’t speak and Steve doesn’t speak much. When he does he’s good at speaking to the crowd and it creates a much warmer and stronger atmosphere. We have also lost the charisma of Gary O’Toole on the drums. Now he is doing whole Genesis albums he sometimes

plays the whole thing without saying a word. All this leads to the atmosphere of a recital, rather than a concert. It’s a shame because he is very good when he tries because he is witty and a nice bloke with an interesting story to tell. Having worked with Phil and Peter he must know how important those bits of chat are.

Yes agree...although Steve is a great musician, he isn't the next Freddie Mercury!...sometimes there can definitely be a lull in the atmosphere. Having said that i am still thinking of attending a show, but mainly because i like his solo stuff, especially Spectral Mornings album, more of it please!

• I love the tours and I did struggle with Nad’s voice a little - although in recent tours I think he has become stronger and the sound has improved so I enjoy him now. But I completely agree about the visuals. Even though Steve is the ‘star’ it’s odd to have the singer to one side and slightly to the rear. This is coupled with a lack of chat from the stage. Nad doesn’t speak and Steve doesn’t speak much. When he does he’s good at speaking to the crowd and it creates a much warmer and stronger atmosphere. We have also lost the charisma of Gary O’Toole on the drums. Now he is doing whole Genesis albums he sometimes

I did write a review of the Sydney show I saw on Wednesday. I guess this is a better summary of the atmosphere than I was able to provide.

• Everyone is left in no doubt that its Steve's show, but I agree that Nad should be centre and let off the leash a little to liven things up. He tends to shuffle on and off. Can't blame Steve for doing the Genesis material (they do it well), it is obviously a lot more remunerative than his solo work (I bought the early stuff but then lost interest). Always wondered if he ever had any regrets about leaving Genesis.

• Official Post

In case you missed it

More dates were added for Italy 2022 And Scandinavia 2023

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…022-tour-dates--s812.html

• Official Post

Steve's FOXTROT AT FIFTY tour will kick off in Swansea tomorrow. Are you going?

• Official Post

Setlist from the first show:

Spectral Mornings

Ace Of Wands

The Devil's Cathedral

Every Day

A Tower Struck Down

Camino Royale

Shadow Of The Hierophant

Watcher Of The Skies

Time Table

Get'em Out By Friday

Can-Utility And The Coastliners

Horizons

Supper's Ready

The Knife

Firth Of Fifth

• Due to illness I have 2 tickets available for...

Steve Hackett

Bexhill-on-sea

Saturday 17 September 2022

Side Terrace Block s/t Row G Seat 30 and 31

I am happy to give them away for £20 each.

They are paper tickets so I can send them to you registered overnight post.