STEVE HACKETT - Foxtrot at Fifty (Genesis Revisited) & solo highlights tour 2022 & 2023 & 2024

• Official Post
  • …and I would already have a front-row seat for the first show at the Scottish Rite Auditorium, if it weren’t for Ticketmaster not properly formatting one of their widgets!

I use my presale code to get into the presale, I reserve a front-row seat, I sign in to my account, and then a very “helpful” widget pops up asking me to confirm what country I am in! 🤔 I confirm that I am in the USA, and when I hit “Next”…nothing happens! Nothing continues to happen until the clock expires for me to keep the ticket. (And, yes, I tried signing in first, but then I don’t even get the opportunity to reserve any seat - I’m just stuck on the country-confirming widget! 🙄)

I message them to tell them the problem with a screenshot attached, and they still think the problem may be my computer. Nonsense! Every other part of the process works fine; it’s just the damn unnecessary and unresponsive widget that’s the problem!

Ticketmaster’s unhelpful “blame-the-customer-first” attitude makes me pray for their demise. They need to be broken up.

Well, let’s hope I can eventually get a ticket. These shows will sell out, so I hope they get their act together soon.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• …and now the tickets are on regular sale and they STILL haven’t fixed the widget problem. 🙄

Is there anyone else here who tried to get tickets for the Scottish Rite Auditorium shows and couldn’t complete the transaction? I can’t be the only one who had this difficulty.

So, I may or may not see Steve this year. 🤷‍♂️

• FINALLY, Ticketmaster fixed their faulty widget. 🙄 So, six days late, I now have a ticket for the first of the three Scottish Rite Auditorium shows in October.

Unfortunately, because of this glitchy widget, I lost out on a front-row seat (as I mentioned above). Well, I guess the good news is that I saved $20 for the seat further back. It’s awful when TM has a problem because it always takes days for a problem that can be fixed in minutes.

• Official Post
  • FINALLY, Ticketmaster fixed their faulty widget. 🙄 So, six days late, I now have a ticket for the first of the three Scottish Rite Auditorium shows in October.

Unfortunately, because of this glitchy widget, I lost out on a front-row seat (as I mentioned above). Well, I guess the good news is that I saved $20 for the seat further back. It’s awful when TM has a problem because it always takes days for a problem that can be fixed in minutes.

I've had two occasions where front row seats were cheaper than those further back. Most notably Gabriel at Hammersmith in 2011 (the gigs recorded for the Live Blood release) where I saved £10 to be right at the front. Also for a Paul Carrack gig - a ticket I got from Ticketmaster. Go figure...

• I've had two occasions where front row seats were cheaper than those further back. Most notably Gabriel at Hammersmith in 2011 (the gigs recorded for the Live Blood release) where I saved £10 to be right at the front. Also for a Paul Carrack gig - a ticket I got from Ticketmaster. Go figure...

I'm used to this at plays where they often even sell front row seats on the day for about £10, and occasionally at classical concerts. I don't recall ever coming across it at rock concerts, that's very odd.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post
    • Official Post

I will see the show in Halle this evening. After seeing them in Wuppertal, this will be a totally different setting and setlist.

And: It could be that Rob Townsend is still not around on stage. He had a little accident and needed surgery at his lips, which looked quite painful, especially thinking about him playing the sax etc.

We had a few shows in Germany already and some of them were without Rob (Berlin, Hamburg) and people who saw multiple shows said there was a completely different energy on stage and it (of course) all sounded differently.

• Official Post

Halle was great. Rob did play a couple of things, but is far from getting back to normal. He did play little parts on his little flute and all other parts (sax etc) he played on his keyboard.

Amazing solos by Jonas Reingold and Craig Blundell and also Nad was in top shape.

And nice to hear Horizons again, after it wasn't played in Wuppertal due to Steve's problems with his hand (wich are no longer a problem)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Going to tomorrow in Freiburg. Anybody?

it’s a bit too far away from me - otherwise I would. Enjoy the show!

• It was fantastic. The first half a mixture of Steve's own classics - Ace of Wands as opener, wow! - and some amazing new stuff I wasn't familiar with yet. Also a stunning bass solo. The second half the entire Foxtrot, brilliant from first note to last. What an incredible band this is. And the encores, breathtaking everything.

Alas, even professionals of this high league can mess up badly, you wouldn't believe. When Steve introduced the band, he announced the saxophonist (what's his name?) has his birthday. The whole audience sings Happy Birthday together with the band, a roadie brings in a birthday cake with real candles. The birthday boy takes the cake, blows out the candles, thanks everybody. Then he looks around for someone to hold the cake - woops, within a split of a second, he dropped the precious cake! A sorry "awww" goes through the audience. Roger King, the keyboardist, walks towards the mess sticking on the floor, with a poker face he dips his fingers into the ruins of the cake and licks them off. James Bond couldn't have been cooler.

• Official Post

It was fantastic. The first half a mixture of Steve's own classics - Ace of Wands as opener, wow! - and some amazing new stuff I wasn't familiar with yet. Also a stunning bass solo. The second half the entire Foxtrot, brilliant from first note to last. What an incredible band this is. And the encores, breathtaking everything.

Alas, even professionals of this high league can mess up badly, you wouldn't believe. When Steve introduced the band, he announced the saxophonist (what's his name?) has his birthday. The whole audience sings Happy Birthday together with the band, a roadie brings in a birthday cake with real candles. The birthday boy takes the cake, blows out the candles, thanks everybody. Then he looks around for someone to hold the cake - woops, within a split of a second, he dropped the precious cake! A sorry "awww" goes through the audience. Roger King, the keyboardist, walks towards the mess sticking on the floor, with a poker face he dips his fingers into the ruins of the cake and licks them off. James Bond couldn't have been cooler.

Rob Townsend is his name. Great story :D

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A friend of mine who lives in Houston Texas, has just emailed me saying that Steve Hackett will play at the Stafford Center (outside Houston) on April 9th 2024.

These would be a new batch of dates and the first Texas concerts for Steve Hackett in ages!

• Official Post

A friend of mine who lives in Houston Texas, has just emailed me saying that Steve Hackett will play at the Stafford Center (outside Houston) on April 9th 2024.

These would be a new batch of dates and the first Texas concerts for Steve Hackett in ages!

yes but this will be part of a new show so a new thread will appear ;)

• yes but this will be part of a new show so a new thread will appear ;)

So this is no longer part of the Foxtrot at 50 tour?

If not, this new show would be a combination of old genesis and solo material, I guess. Sort of a Steve Hackett Extravaganza!

• Official Post

So this is no longer part of the Foxtrot at 50 tour?

If not, this new show would be a combination of old genesis and solo material, I guess. Sort of a Steve Hackett Extravaganza!

🤔 that’s exactly what he’d been doing for nearly 10 years now