STEVE HACKETT - Foxtrot at Fifty (Genesis Revisited) & solo highlights tour 2022 & 2023 & 2024

• Official Post

Another new date was added

22/03/2024 in Fort Wayne

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…024-tour-dates--s812.html

• FINALLY, Ticketmaster fixed their faulty widget. 🙄 So, six days late, I now have a ticket for the first of the three Scottish Rite Auditorium shows in October.

…and this date happened about a month ago (😄), so I’ll finally give a brief review.

It was as good as his concerts always are. The band was in top form (as always), and who wouldn’t want to hear all of “Foxtrot” played very well live if you are a fan of Gabriel-era Genesis? The solo selections and extra Genesis tracks were great too.

Bring on the “Lamb selections” show for 2024! 😎

(Has he ever done a tour that featured “Nursery Cryme”? I don’t remember one. Maybe he’s saving that one for 2026 for its 55th anniversary? 🤷‍♂️)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• He is touring and touring and touring ... I wonder for how long he will keep doing this ...

I think that’s why he’s doing it - i.e., he can’t do it forever, so why not do it while he still can? His band seems to love being in his band and playing live too. So, if all that is the case, why not keep going? 🤷‍♂️

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I agree. He has developed a lifestyle where touring is his life. His family, friends and professional life are all bound up in it, he travels the world catching up with friends and sightseeing and it seems to be keeping him young and happy. As long as his fingers are moving freely and he’s enjoying it I could see him doing another few years yet. I certainly hope so, I am one of those who would love to see him do more solo stuff but I fully understand the reasons why he doesn’t and his gigs are amazing. If he does a few more years and we look back over the years of recent tours I imagine he will have covered a lot of his solo stuff, although he does have an over-reliance on Spectral, Everyday and Hierophant.
    I’m just really pleased I can still go out with my family and watch this stuff after forty three years of following them.

• Anyone care to guess which Lamb tunes Steve will play on the coming tour?

I definitely see Steve playing

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Fly on a Windshield

Lamia

Hairless Heart

Chamber of 32 Doors

Carpet Crawlers

maybe….
    Cuckoo Cocoon

In the Cage

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “STEVE HACKETT - Foxtrot at Fifty (Genesis Revisited) & solo highlights tour 2022 & 2023” to “STEVE HACKETT - Foxtrot at Fifty (Genesis Revisited) & solo highlights tour 2022 & 2023 & 2024”.
  • The concert for Midwest City, Oklahoma on April 5th has been cancelled.

Had a ticket for this one and got this email from the venue today:

Due to a scheduling conflict, Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisted: Foxtrot at 50 & Hackett Highlights on Friday, April 5 at the Hudiburg Center has been cancelled.

No action is necessary from you. You will be issued a refund to the original purchase method. If your original payment method has expired, you can submit a new payment method via our secure form. You should expect to see a refund within the next 10-14 business days.

• Thank you for this info!

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• The other shows in Texas (Dallas, Austin and Houston-Stafford) are still on so it must have been a single cancellation.

And looks like the Texas shows are selling well. The Oklahoma date maybe had sold a couple of dozen tickets so I had been worried about it. I probably end up going to the Houston one (was just there for Peter Gabriel back in October). Just sucks because the Oklahoma one was so much closer to me.

• And looks like the Texas shows are selling well. The Oklahoma date maybe had sold a couple of dozen tickets so I had been worried about it. I probably end up going to the Houston one (was just there for Peter Gabriel back in October). Just sucks because the Oklahoma one was so much closer to me.

I noticed that the Peter Gabriel show in Houston back in October was the "least" attended show of the whole tour, so if the Hackett shows are selling well, that is quite a surprise. South Texas has never been big on prog. I can say that because I lived in Houston for 21 years and saw very few of them. But to be fair, Austin is special where I saw: Goblin, Magma, Hawkwind, Porcupine Tree and King Crimson.

Edited once, last by raeltheduke: wording ().

• Setlist from first show, little but not unexpected changes

cheers

Christian

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!