Your most played / listened to Genesis albums.

• Lots lists and discussions about our favourite G albums . Mine is ATOTT ( although if forced to choose I'd have to go for SO) but those albums are not my most played. Also I certainly veer towards the mid/ early Genesis as my favourite era however I noticed that I tend to play their later albums more often, with Genesis (shapes) being played most frequently which for me ranks quite low in my list of favourites. This factoid only occurred to me when playing Shapes recently. I rarely have any Genesis album on as background listening. Although I don't keep an account of what and when I play here is my rough guess as to my most played albums with with the position of my ranking in brackets. As said this is a rough guess and have only just thought about it . Clearly I need to give some live albums more attention!

1 .Genesis (11)

2. Duke (9)

3.Abacab (15)

4.CAS (18)

5.WCD (14)

6.IT (13)

7.SEBTP (5)

8.ATTWT (7)

9.ATOTT(2)

1O. Foxtrot (6)

11.W & W (3)

12 SO (1)

13.NC (8)

14.TLLDOB (4)

15. Trespass (12)

16 GL (10)

17.WIR(16)

18.TSL (17)

19.TWWW (19) ( rare play , I've watched the DVD more often)

20. FGTR (20) ( I hardly play this from one year to the next)

As a guess it has to be something like this.

My rankings do change but not by great deal.

Edited 2 times, last by Mr.Farmer ().

• Over the years, I'm finding myself exploring new music. As some of the older members know of me from here and the old Genesis site, I'm a Camel fan!....

My favourite bands include Genesis, Camel, IQ, Pendragon, Stackridge and Twelfth Night.

Though those bands are listed, I rarely listen to them and may randomly select during a course of a few months.

My interest is new music, preferably Progressive.

SEBTP remains my top listed album mostly played in my Genesis list. ;)

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• I don't really listen to them at all, I tend to listen to my 6 compilation discs or YouTube recordings. If I listen to whole albums it'll be The Lamb, Abacab or Nursery Cryme.

Abandon all reason

• I listen to all of them but the ones I seem to play the most are Nursery Cryme, Wind & Wuthering, And Then There Were Three.

If you include unofficial live recordings, there are at least 7 or 8 of those I probably listen to more frequently than any of the other albums.

I find if I'm in the mood for SEBTP, more often than not, I'll play a live recording from that tour.

Same thing if it's The Lamb, my first impulse is to reach for a decent live recording from that tour.

• I don't really listen to them at all, I tend to listen to my 6 compilation discs or YouTube recordings. If I listen to whole albums it'll be The Lamb, Abacab or Nursery Cryme.

I’ve gotten to that point as well. For me I tend to listen more to individual songs rather than entire albums. It’s not an exaggeration to say that hardly a day has gone by over the last 40 years where I haven’t listened to all or part of Supper’s Ready (if only part it’s the section from A in 9/8 thru the end). I also listen quite often to Cinema Show/AOP, The Musical Box, FoF, Entangled/Squonk, and Dodo-Lurker/Abacab (live). When I used to listen to entire albums more frequently I favored ATOTT, SEBTP, TLLDOB, TSL, Seconds Out (great track list but horrible production courtesy of Dave “I take all the sharp edges off of every song” Hentschel), and Abacab.

• Because I mainly listen to my iPod I hear mainly individual songs. So two days ago I heard Anything She Does immediately followed by Me & Sarah Jane. Yesterday I heard After The Ordeal, which was good as I was wondering why Tony dislikes it so much. All I can say is while they did better, it's a decent enough track. Next week for Chirstmas I will be playing my annual Top 200 playlist and there are a few songs scattered throughout that (inclduing solo songs).

• Duke would probably be the most played...a few others following behind..Abacab/W and W /Trespass.

Have played them so often over the years, that tend now to play favourite good quality boots as well as some mood lists that i have set up on Spotify..just to mix things up a bit!

• I listen to Abacab the most.

I find it endlessly interesting that CAS is so high up your list despite being your 18th favorite. It's one of my top tier G albums!

• Official Post

I listen to Abacab the most.

You are the best :D

I rate Abacab as their most important album, their best is probably Selling England and I have an affection for We Can't Dance, expecially its sund.

Most played ever, just checked:

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (because it has many songs)

then Abacab and We Can't Dance

Most played this year so far:

We Can't Dance, Duke and Foxtrot

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I listen to Abacab the most.

I find it endlessly interesting that CAS is so high up your list despite being your 18th favorite. It's one of my top tier G albums!

It's why I put this thread up because i found it interesting when it occurred to me that I play Genesis more than the others . Never thought about it before so I had think about what G records I play the most and came up with a list. I know I never like to play anything too often and also like to play whole albums so doubles can take too much time

• It's why I put this thread up because i found it interesting when it occurred to me that I play Genesis more than the others . Never thought about it before so I had think about what G records I play the most and came up with a list. I know I never like to play anything too often and also like to play whole albums so doubles can take too much time

It is a very interesting take on it. What's my favorite Genesis album? Honest answer: I don't have one. I have six I like more than the rest (Trespass, Lamb, Trick, Duke, Abacab, CAS). Which do I listen to the most? Easily enough, Abacab.

Why should that be? I don't know, but I do find Abacab oddly different in a way that's more different than the rest of Genesis' albums. When I stick headphones on and choose Genesis, that album feels more like a new experience for the thousandth time than the rest. CAS would be next in line in that regard.