Evidence of an unreleased Brand X song called "Amethyst"?

• First: Hi, everyone - it's been roughly 12 years since I was involved in an earlier iteration of the Genesis forum under a different name.

Second: I was poking around Songview yesterday - it's BMI's and ASCAP's joint database for all the songs registered to either one - and I found what looks like a Brand X track registered a long time ago but that I can find literal nothing else on the internet about.

https://repertoire.bmi.com/Search/Search?Main_Search_Text=amethyst&Sub_Search_Text=collins&Main_Search=Title&Sub_Search=Writer%2FComposer&Search_Type=all&View_Count=0&Page_Number=0

The song is credited to Collins/Goodsall/Jones/Lumley and listed with all the publishers you'd expect (Hit and Run/Hidden Pun/Philip Collins Ltd). The BMI work ID number is low (35802) and from a numbering that implies it was submitted well before the database, because the songs with numbers near it are alphabetically sorted. (For reference, songs submitted this year regularly have an 8-digit work ID and aren't alphabetized.)

It's possible some other artist recorded it, or that this was a working title for another song. (For example, "Land of Confusion" is registered as "Not Much Love to Go Around" rather than its actual title.) And Songview doesn't list a year of submission, which is frustrating for amateur sleuthing.

Does anybody here have any clues to what this could be? Unorthodox Behaviour songs are credited to all the band members but with their full names; "Amethyst" isn't, which implies it's not part of those sessions. (And all the song titles are accounted for.) After that, Songview credits single writers for Brand X songs. "Amethyst" is also credited to "Rob Lumley," which is unusual within the database; writers are expected to list their full name, and he does for released Brand X work (Robin St. John Lumley).

So...have I stumbled on a certified Brand X song that nobody's ever heard? I mean, obviously that would be cool if I did. But I easily could be missing something.

Thanks for your help!

• Having had a look at pages about songs and Artists I know well, I can assure you this website is far from error free. Incorrect song titles, including double entries for the same song, one mispelt, incorrect spelling of names, part album titles used as song titles, and incorrect attribution of composers is all over it. I can quote examples if you wish.

Bottom line: This entry is probably a dud!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Yeah, it's a very garbage-in, garbage-out site - I was conscientious in filling mine out, but that's not everyone.

Shame that you're likely right. Got hopeful for a crate of unrealized rarities (because why wouldn't I?).