STEVE HACKETT - Your favorite solo albums

• It was one of the last electric albums he did that I really liked.

The one thing that always sticks in my mind whenever I play that album though is the fact "Four Winds East" which is credited to Hackett/Fenner is really an uncredited cover of "The Supernatural" composed by Peter Green.

I'd love to ask Steve about that.

I agree about BTSH being his last good electric album (almost made my top 5!)

Steve has commented on FWE on his website back in the day: HackettSongs - Steve Hackett's Official Music Website

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• The one thing that always sticks in my mind whenever I play that album though is the fact "Four Winds East" which is credited to Hackett/Fenner is really an uncredited cover of "The Supernatural" composed by Peter Green.

"Four Winds East" is also identically the same recording (other than some slight trimming at the beginning and end) that was previously released as "The Well at the World's End," one of the bonus tracks on the Japanese edition of DARKTOWN.

As one who prefers not to have the same track in more than one place, I have omitted "East" from my CDR copy of BEYOND. (I never play original CDs, only CDR copies.) As it turns out, "South" actually flows quite nicely into "West."

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• It was one of the last electric albums he did that I really liked.

The one thing that always sticks in my mind whenever I play that album though is the fact "Four Winds East" which is credited to Hackett/Fenner is really an uncredited cover of "The Supernatural" composed by Peter Green.

Indeed, it is, and it sounds very similar to Gary Moore's version on his album 'Blues For Greeny' which he did as a tribute to Peter Green. Great track!

• Hey

new here - been reading a lot and usually don't write a lot, but thought it might be interesting to discuss things every now and then. I am a "Hacketeer" but also do like other solo stuff, mainly Peter's.

As for the Hackett albums, it's Voyage and Please Don't Touch from the early phase, then Darktown, To Watch The Storms and ... of course, Beyond The Shrouded Horizon.

Other good ones are Spectral Mornings, Guitar Noir, Parts of Wild Orchids and the first Genesis Revisited album.

Not a fan of most of the recent albums, although I do like Surrender of Silence a bit.

cheers

B.

... any moment that we bring to life - ridiculous sublime

• I have added Steve's new album (which comes out this week) to this poll - because you never know ;)

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I have not voted here yet

Voyage of the acolyte

Please don't touch

Darktown

To watch the storms

Beyond the shrouded horizon

then probably Spectral mornings, Under a mediterranean sky, Guitar noir, Defector

• Am not THAT familar with his earlier work, but have a couple of albums and do like To watch the storms, Guitar noir and also the new one! :)

I have changed my vote - "Surrender of silence" out, "Nightwhale" in. Whether or not this will be temporary, we'll see. But the new album grows on me.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Spectral Mornings, by a lot, then Acolyte and Darktown.

You can pick up to five albums ;)

cheers

Christian

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!