Happy Valentines everyone !

• But that doesn't work. That's not "some flours", it's two bags of flour or, at a push, some flour. Nobody ever says "some flours" in reference to flour.

Clearly, your artistic licence has expired!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Clearly, your artistic licence has expired!

That assumes the meme actually had some 'artistry' though.

No my licence remains valid and under its provisions I exercise the right to dismantle poorly constructed wordplay masquerading as humour. Even the most wide-ranging, broadly-scoped artistic licence would be strained by "some flours".

Abandon all reason

• Yeeeeahhhh! We had someone like you on another forum I'm on. His response to me posting the hilarious video for Newport State of Mind:

Newport State of Mind (Newport Ymerodraeth state of mind) - YouTube

was something like"they're not even singing in tune. Jayze should sue" (as if he could ever sue over musical issues! :rolleyes:)

My response was something like "Talk about 1st world problems, "Please sir, this homour's not being sung exactly right!".

I think you can therefore guess my response to you. You don't think it works, but don't speak for all of us, eh?

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• 🤣

I hope we can all see the folly of attempting to wish anyone - let alone everyone - a Happy Valentine's Day on the Genesis board.

Fwiw: the joke might have been optimized by having bags of several different types of flour.

• 😂

Excellent stuff, especially the bit about not speaking for all of us. I suppose I could from now on put a THIS IS MY OPINION disclaimer on every post I make if that'd help.

Fwiw: the joke might have been optimized by having bags of several different types of flour.

Yes, for example bags of stoneground, self-raising, spelt, gram - right there, you've got some flours and a joke that now just about works. As I'm sure we ALL agree.

Excellent. Job done!

Abandon all reason