Favorite Collins guest appearances?

• I thought it was on "ICE" track he appeared on.

If he plays on “Ice” as well, I can’t hear him.

There’s no extra layer of percussion in that song – and there is nothing revealing in the drum playing that suggests to me it is anyone other than Andy Ward driving that beat along.

• I love the stuff he did with Clapton, as a drummer and producer. It's unfairly maligned in the eyes of many Clapton fans, but I thought it was the first time in ages Clapton's guitar sounded like it wasn't recorded in a cardboard box. Just Like A Prisoner and Same Old Blues on Behind The Sun, and Holy Mother from August are up there with Clapton's best for me. I've also read several times that for the tours he did with Clapton, Nathan East, and Greg Phillinganes as a four-piece, Phil considered it to be one of the best bands ever.

• If he plays on “Ice” as well, I can’t hear him.

There’s no extra layer of percussion in that song – and there is nothing revealing in the drum playing that suggests to me it is anyone other than Andy Ward driving that beat along.

The reference is on the album that Phil Collins appeared on the track "ICE"

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/pr…om-here-expanded-edition/

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• I love the stuff he did with Clapton, as a drummer and producer. It's unfairly maligned in the eyes of many Clapton fans, but I thought it was the first time in ages Clapton's guitar sounded like it wasn't recorded in a cardboard box. Just Like A Prisoner and Same Old Blues on Behind The Sun, and Holy Mother from August are up there with Clapton's best for me. I've also read several times that for the tours he did with Clapton, Nathan East, and Greg Phillinganes as a four-piece, Phil considered it to be one of the best bands ever.

As a long-time Clapton fan, I embraced Behind The Sun as a welcome change after a dozen years where Clapton seemed quite settled on playing and recording persistently in the style of JJ Cale.

I saw him on the Behind The Sun tour (unfortunately at that point without Collins in the lineup) and I recall thinking Clapton seemed revitalized with this new album.

So I have fond memories and a sympathetic view of the changes brought on by those Collins-produced albums, even though admittedly I think they sound like a product of their time – more so than any other era of Clapton’s music.

• As a long-time Clapton fan, I embraced Behind The Sun as a welcome change after a dozen years where Clapton seemed quite settled on playing and recording persistently in the style of JJ Cale.

I saw him on the Behind The Sun tour (unfortunately at that point without Collins in the lineup) and I recall thinking Clapton seemed revitalized with this new album.

So I have fond memories and a sympathetic view of the changes brought on by those Collins-produced albums, even though admittedly I think they sound like a product of their time – more so than any other era of Clapton’s music.

Agree with all of that Witchwood, though sadly just a little too young to see him back then. I did see Clapton several times through the late 90s and early 2000s at the RAH, and he always surrounded himself with top musicians, as you'd expect. Anyway, I digress. I'm sure we could talk about Clapton at greater length elsewhere.

• Agree with all of that Witchwood, though sadly just a little too young to see him back then. I did see Clapton several times through the late 90s and early 2000s at the RAH, and he always surrounded himself with top musicians, as you'd expect. Anyway, I digress. I'm sure we could talk about Clapton at greater length elsewhere.

You could start a thread on him. :)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I think it was 1995, when Phil made a guest appearance on Martin Page's album "In the house of stone and light". I think that was the name of the album. Anyways, I think Phil played drums on three tracks. I always felt and still feel to this day that his work on the album was really overlooked and largely forgotten for the most part. It may not have been Phil's most memorable work as a guess artist, let alone some of his best work, but I liked it then and still do now every so often when I listen to Mr Page's album.