RECORD STORE DAY 2022: Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett

• Official Post

Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel have both announced colored vinyl 3LP -Sets for this year's Record Store Day.

See here: https://www.genesis-news.com/n…ett-participate-n779.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• If there is one thing put me off buying an Album it's coloured vinyl . If there there one thing worse than coloured vinyl, it's white vinyl.

Just curious... why do you say that?

BTW, I've never had much colored vinyl myself. Years ago I had a white vinyl copy of the Beatles' "White Album" once (I called it a "picture disc of the cover") and as far as I recall it sounded fine. I had a clear red vinyl LP from another artist that also sounded fine. Currently I have a picture-disc single (made in Japan) from yet another artist; it sounds awful, but it was about the only way to get the recording in question.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Just curious... why do you say that?

BTW, I've never had much colored vinyl myself. Years ago I had a white vinyl copy of the Beatles' "White Album" once (I called it a "picture disc of the cover") and as far as I recall it sounded fine. I had a clear red vinyl LP from another artist that also sounded fine. Currently I have a picture-disc single (made in Japan) from yet another artist; it sounds awful, but it was about the only way to get the recording in question.

Yes, coloured vinyl is technically identical to black vinyl. Picture discs, however, involve using a very thin clear vinyl coating with the grooves cut into it, stuck on top of the picture, so yes, they tend to sound a bit bad. I too have only one, the Korgis' "Don't Look Back"/"Waiting for Godot", which was the only copy I could get. Godot is a brooding instrumental, and I'm glad I have it, but a proper copy would be nice.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!