Jethro Tull / Ian Anderson - The Zealot Gene.

• New album under the banner of Jethro Tull , The Zealot Gene . I've played it a few times and is very good. Ian Anderson's previous two albums were under his own name and I just can't see the difference. Unlike the last two albums his picture is on front back and centre. Ian has written the sleeve notes and uses the pro noun I and never us or we when talking about making it . The list of musicians has his name on bold . He has said that there was more collaboration on this in interviews so decided to put it out as a group effort, but you'd think he might have made that point with cover. Looks like he forgot. I've seen solo albums by many others where more credit is given to the band than on this album .

• I've got every other studio album by Tull and it's my intention to get this one as well at some point.

However, I sort of feel I should delve more into Ian Anderson's solo stuff before I get this one.

The one solo album I have is The Secret Language of Birds which I quite like and actually prefer to some of Tull's output.

That leads me to believe there may be a few other gems from Ian I should pick up before this one.

• I've got every other studio album by Tull and it's my intention to get this one as well at some point.

However, I sort of feel I should delve more into Ian Anderson's solo stuff before I get this one.

The one solo album I have is The Secret Language of Birds which I quite like and actually prefer to some of Tull's output.

That leads me to believe there may be a few other gems from Ian I should pick up before this one.

Secret Life of Birds is one of 3 Tull/Anderson albums I don't have. The others being Rupi's Dance and The Christmas Album. Is it much different from Tull style? Walk Into Light and Divinities were quite different. Not keen on either . Divinities is instrumental flute led stuff and WIL is electronic in the same vein as A as far as I can remember although both of those albums I bought not long after they came out played once or twice and sat on the shelf ever since. Thick As A Brick 2 and Homo Erraticus are Tull style both follow ups to ATAAB and well worth it but I prefer Zealot Gene.

• Secret Life of Birds is one of 3 Tull/Anderson albums I don't have ... Is it much different from Tull style? Walk Into Light and Divinities were quite different. Not keen on either . Divinities is instrumental flute led stuff and WIL is electronic in the same vein as A as far as I can remember although both of those albums I bought not long after they came out played once or twice and sat on the shelf ever since. Thick As A Brick 2 and Homo Erraticus are Tull style both follow ups to ATAAB and well worth it but I prefer Zealot Gene.

Secret Life of Birds is most reminiscent to me of Roots To Branches — but a little lighter with more flute/acoustic interplay, and occasional hints of East Indian music.

If you liked RtB, I would think you might also like SLoB as well.

Thanks for your insights on the albums I don't have.

I'll keep the other solo albums on the backburner and move Zealot Gene up to the front of the line.

• Secret Life of Birds is most reminiscent to me of Roots To Branches — but a little lighter with more flute/acoustic interplay, and occasional hints of East Indian music.

If you liked RtB, I would think you might also like SLoB as well.

Thanks for your insights on the albums I don't have.

I'll keep the other solo albums on the backburner and move Zealot Gene up to the front of the line.

Cheers . I like RtB so I may give SLOB a try.

• I have only rediscovered Tull after many years & as I think I have mentioned, am in the process of buying the albums (but am only up to Stormwatch, as I have had numerous other expenses). So I was delighted when The Zealot Gene was announced. Whether he should have emphasised the band more on the cover artwork (or in the videos) is a debatable point. From what I have heard, the title track shows him at his acerbic best.

• I have only rediscovered Tull after many years & as I think I have mentioned, am in the process of buying the albums (but am only up to Stormwatch, as I have had numerous other expenses). So I was delighted when The Zealot Gene was announced. Whether he should have emphasised the band more on the cover artwork (or in the videos) is a debatable point. From what I have heard, the title track shows him at his acerbic best.

Stormwatch as the last of the trilogy of folky albums , following Songs From The Wood and Heavy Horses both of which are amongst my all time favourite albums is held in very high regard amongst Tull fans. I just never got into at all . To me a pale imitation . I think calling The Zealot Gene a Tull album is nothing more than marketing . When the last remnants of Tull finished about 20 years ago IA was clear that it was just him from now on and titled his albums accordingly. TZG is a very good album but there is nothing I have seen to suggest its any more a solo album than the last two .