STEVE HACKETT live in Europe (March 2022) discussion

• Official Post

sh_liveuk2021_img3.jpg

Please discuss the European leg of his Seconds Out show (March 2022) here

Tour started yesterday in Belgium - Utrecht today and tomorrow!

• Official Post

Saw Steve in Dresden yesterday

As expected - a superb show. And I had the strange experience seeing Genesis and Steve Hackett within one week. That leads to comparison.

First of all - both shows were really good. Genesis was more emotional for me as I don't get to see them that often these days ;)

Carpet Crawlers was not good during Steve's show (either Nad struggled with his cold or his way singing it is just wrong)

Afterglow was interesting. Steve plays it faster and it produced some goosebumps - but not as much as during the Genesis show.

I Know What I Like is far away from the way Genesis performed it in 76/77. Steve's interpretation doesn't really work, imo.

The Genesis version is as we know it - and it works perfectly

Other than that - Steve delivered as he always does. And Craig Blundell played a wonderful and powerful drum solo!

• I know what you mean, Steve’s IKWIL is extended and allows improv from the band. I prefer the original and the new Genesis live version but I also think it’s a good way to let the band stretch out and show what they can do and avoids the accusation of a ‘tribute’ band approach to all Genesis material. If there was a song to do that on, that’s the one. For the most part I think Steve’s arrangements of Genesis material are superb. In particular the use of oboe or sax instead of flute at times for example does enhance things. The songs have not been updated with the punch of a double drum approach that a few tracks have with mothership but they are true to the originals without being copies. We are fortunate to have any live version of the band these days, never mind two!

• Official Post

A couple of videos created by Michaela Ix and Volker Warncke and approved by Steve Hackett!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.