Do you have an earworm today? What is it?

• External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This has been ringing in my head for a couple of days.

• The band Tribute and the song New Views

Check out the listening thread!.... Similarities to Anthony Phillips and Steve Hackett.

[Blocked Image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HuqD75vmKsU/hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCOADEI4CSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLCokjB8geYtWcONxaTfecupOWAq2w]
    21:57NOW PLAYING

WATCH LATER

ADD TO QUEUE

This does does play on this site. Click on link!!

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• I don't, but my wife does. The opening overture on the Korgis "Kartoon World" started playing in the car this morning, and she started singing along the vocals from the title track which it is based on, only had the album a week! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Earlier I had piece of music, about 15 seconds if that playing over on my head but just couldn't place it, drove me mad. Now it's gone and I want to get it back to find out what it was!

• I have '3 words' by Cheryl Cole stuck in my head for a while now.

Coincidentally last night I listened to my home-made Girls Aloud compilation and currently have We Wanna Party, a very enjoyable stomping slab of electropop, running through my head.

EDIT - and not for the first time in this thread, I see.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Love that tune. Had it playing in the car last week while away in the wilds of Maine.

It has that thing good pop songs occasionally do, which is a very slight tension. Wide Open Space by Mansun is another good example. Yes CTS is a good car song. A great demonstration of how a small touch can boost a song is that lovely little oscillation in the chorus, "now-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow on me...."

Abandon all reason

• Turning this around today and predicting an earworm. Having heard Linger by the Cranberries on the radio I already know it'll be stuck in my head today.

I was never a fan but always loved that song and its tuneful strings.

RIP Dolores 😪

Abandon all reason

• Turning this around today and predicting an earworm. Having heard Linger by the Cranberries on the radio I already know it'll be stuck in my head today.

I was never a fan but always loved that song and its tuneful strings.

RIP Dolores 😪

I'm not a massive Cranberries fan either but she was an awful, awful loss.

I loved Zombie growing up. The 90s version of Sunday Bloody Sunday I think. I was a young teenager when the Warrington bombings happened and a kid my own age was blown up by the Provo's. His face was in the news and I remember how sick I felt about it and how raw the words and music felt at the time.

And hence my earworm is now Zombie! Linger is a fine tune. RIP Dolores.

• Had three one-word earworms this week:

Charm - Tony Banks

Glue - Peter Hammill

Fling - Girls Aloud

Pretty diverse earworms, eh?

(John Peel voice): "Next up - great band, great session, here's the Diverse Earworms".

Abandon all reason

• Into the Surf:

External Content music.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was stuck in my brain for weeks when I first heard it, and it subsequently fell out. It's been there again this week. It's got that indefinable thing that scratches me just where it itches. I'm not sure why it makes me sadder than almost any other song I can think of. It feels to me like an aural version of desperately trying to grab something that's just out of reach