First record or CD you ever owned

• The first live album I purchased was Deep Purple 'Made In Japan.'

Other great live classic rock albums I own (including many already mentioned) include

UFO - 'Strangers In The Night'

Blue Oyster Cult - 'On Your Feet Or On Your Knees'

Yes - 'Yessongs'

Elton John - '17-11-70'

The Allman Brothers Band - 'Live at the Fillmore East'

Humble Pie - 'Performance - Rockin' The Fillmore'

• Same here. There's something kind of tokenistic about them.

Unofficial live albums (bootlegs) are sooo much better as it captures the show as it really happened. Official live albums can sound artificial with no 'soul'

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• First live album, was, I believe, Caught Live + 5 by the Moody Blues, but the best 2 I have are One Fair Summer Evening by Nanci Griffith, which captures the event perfectly. I pictured a low ceilinged room with about 400 people in it, the video proved me right. The other is Live By Cock Robin, in France, with their original guitarist, Clive Wright, from the West Country, and Pat Mastelotto on drums. Cock Robin often do alternate arrangements live, and the show is a great mix of true to the originals and new versions.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I have all of those except for the Humble Pie one. All Great.

• I have no idea my first record or cassette but the first cd I went out and bought was Seconds Out. I think I liked that a lot more when I first bought it than now. Nothing against the performances or songs or anything, just would rather a more "live" feel to it.