I’m selling my ticket for the last show (26 March)

• Hello everyone,

I’m new here but I’ve been a Genesis fan for 30 years.

I can’t go to the show, because, long story short, I don’t have a passeport. When I bought the place, I was told that an ID card was enough to enter UK, but because of Brexit it’s not.

So I have no other choice than trying to sell my ticket. And hopefully, this is the place to do so because I want to avoid scams and I want to sell it to a true Genesis fan. I don’t want to « make money », I’ll sale it at 187.75£ which is the price I paid minus the delivery fee. This is a good seat: Section BK D2 Row A Seats 48. As you can see in the picture attached which is the receipt from ticketmaster.

I was really worried because it wasn’t a e-ticket and I thought the place would be lost. Until this night, when the ticket showed up in the O2 App. I have a « transfer » option available. (I can’t use the sell button because I don’t have a bank account in the UK).

This is the first time I’m selling a ticket so I don’t really know how to do it. I guess that paypal is the best way to do it?

Obviously, I’m devastated to miss the last show of my favourite band :( But I managed to see the show in Paris last week, so, at least I was able to say goodbye to Tony, Phil and Mike.

Thank you for reading me and I hope that I’m in the right forum. Mods, please don’t hesitate to move my thread to the right place. Thank you.

Sebastien

• Sebargio

Changed the title of the thread from “I’m selling my place for the last show (26 March)” to “I’m selling my ticket for the last show (26 March)”.
  • How strange, its always been the case for us in the UK, that having a passport is a required document for travel.

People never cease to surprise us.

TGA

Yeah, having stood in a queue at passport control for an hour at Manchester airport, to re-enter my own country, I can't see how an ID card was EVER enough!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Yeah, having stood in a queue at passport control for an hour at Manchester airport, to re-enter my own country, I can't see how an ID card was EVER enough!

This is a different story.

Most EU countries have ID cards AND passports, so do I. ID cards were always enough to travel within the EU and some associated countried, we can even travel to Georgie with our ID card. We call this "Personalausweis" (opersonal identification certificate)

A passwort is always required when a country demands this. We call this "Reisepoass" (travel pass) in Germany and it's usually required when you get a stamp into your passport, i.e. for a VISA or related stuff.

Been to the UK a lot and they were never part of Schengen, but we always showed the ID Card (which, by the way, has the same info like the passport) to enter, that wasn't faster, it was just one of the accepted documents, besides the ID card. Not sure if such a document exists in the UK at all. Our postal address is also stated on our ID card, but not in our passports.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• This is a different story.

Most EU countries have ID cards AND passports, so do I. ID cards were always enough to travel within the EU and some associated countried, we can even travel to Georgie with our ID card. We call this "Personalausweis" (opersonal identification certificate)

A passwort is always required when a country demands this. We call this "Reisepoass" (travel pass) in Germany and it's usually required when you get a stamp into your passport, i.e. for a VISA or related stuff.

Been to the UK a lot and they were never part of Schengen, but we always showed the ID Card (which, by the way, has the same info like the passport) to enter, that wasn't faster, it was just one of the accepted documents, besides the ID card. Not sure if such a document exists in the UK at all. Our postal address is also stated on our ID card, but not in our passports.

It doesn't! I assume the ID card is easier to get, which makes it less secure than a passport? Sounds like a backward step in these security conscious times..........

Ian

• It doesn't! I assume the ID card is easier to get, which makes it less secure than a passport? Sounds like a backward step in these security conscious times..........

It’s not easier to get. It’s exactly the same actualIy...
    I had my ID card renewed 6 months ago and I tried to have a passeport in time for tomorrow (and I won’t have it unfortunately because it takes more than three weeks to be manufactured). Both documents required the same informations. ID photograph from less than 6 months, finger prints, proof that I actually live where I say and so on... It’s just a different document but it is as secured.

And yes, I should have known better. But I don’t travel (last time I left my country was for Genesis, Rome in 2007). I almost never travel because I can’t afford it. That’s why I don’t have a passeport. My wife travels a lot for her work and she’s been in the UK many times over the years with only her ID Card... The rules have changed and that’s on me... I spent a lot of money to say goodbye pour Tony, Phil and Mike. A lot of sacrifices, I barely could afford it. And now I’ll lost all this money but worst of all I won’t see the band...

• It’s not easier to get. It’s exactly the same actualIy...
    I had my ID card renewed 6 months ago and I tried to have a passeport in time for tomorrow (and I won’t have it unfortunately because it takes more than three weeks to be manufactured). Both documents required the same informations. ID photograph from less than 6 months, finger prints, proof that I actually live where I say and so on... It’s just a different document but it is as secured.

And yes, I should have known better. But I don’t travel (last time I left my country was for Genesis, Rome in 2007). I almost never travel because I can’t afford it. That’s why I don’t have a passeport. My wife travels a lot for her work and she’s been in the UK many times over the years with only her ID Card... The rules have changed and that’s on me... I spent a lot of money to say goodbye pour Tony, Phil and Mike. A lot of sacrifices, I barely could afford it. And now I’ll lost all this money but worst of all I won’t see the band...

But at least with an ID card they can have your home burgled cos they know you're not there! :D

Ian