COVID - STEVE HACKETT postpones first four North American dates 2022

• Official Post

COVID cases inside the band have forced Steve Hackett to postpone the shows in Oakville, Quebec City and Montreal.

Detaila:

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…-Canadian-shows-n791.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I guess the obvious question is...

... did Steve leave for Canada yet? Or is he still in the UK?

If he hadn't left yet for Canada, and hopefully wasn't exposed to his infected bandmate, then that means he COULD show up elsewhere this week...

Hmmm, the plot thickens...

• funny that was the first thing that crossed my mind...but imagine may already be in US,...and couldn't see him appearing in London anyway

Not psychic by any stretch but I assume that he is still in the UK. "Positive Covid-19" band members would not have boarded a flight for Canada, I would think. Yes, the plot does thicken.

• Not psychic by any stretch but I assume that he is still in the UK. "Positive Covid-19" band members would not have boarded a flight for Canada, I would think. Yes, the plot does thicken.

Well, that doesn't automatically lead to "hey guys, I will stop by and do a little Firth of fifth solo, okay?"

• Well, that doesn't automatically lead to "hey guys, I will stop by and do a little Firth of fifth solo, okay?"

I never said that. But it does remove travel logistics that were making it virtually impossible for him to show up. And yes, given how well Steve knows (and still plays) the '70s Genesis catalog, it would not require very much for him to sit in on Carpet Crawlers, for example (which he plays on his current tour). Not saying this will happen but again, this is the "last" tour and it would be a shame not to have short guest appearances on the final evening, for example, from key past members. I'm probably dreaming but why not?

• I never said that. But it does remove travel logistics that were making it virtually impossible for him to show up. And yes, given how well Steve knows (and still plays) the '70s Genesis catalog, it would not require very much for him to sit in on Carpet Crawlers, for example (which he plays on his current tour). Not saying this will happen but again, this is the "last" tour and it would be a shame not to have short guest appearances on the final evening, for example, from key past members. I'm probably dreaming but why not?

Because of the covid risks. I hope Steve and the band are fairly well anyway.