The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• In my cabin on a sleeper train from the Highlands to London. Heading down for the next stage of getting our London flat ready for sale. I'll miss it badly. But it's looked after us and, in a way, it still will be (assuming it sells) - from the likely proceeds we'll be able to get a detached 3-bedroom house in Inverness with a big pile of change left over.

I hope I'll get in and out and sell it before the next national lockdown!

Hard to say goodbye to some places. I remember when we moved out of the place our oldest learned to walk and ride her bike (and where we had our second) how hollow I felt. I can still vividly remember her running away from me down a long sloping corridor, laughing hysterically (presumably because she realised she could escape me). We had to move as we'd outgrown the place but still, it felt like a transition away from a lighter hearted phase of life.

To echo CountingOutTime, good luck!

• Just put my parents (both sadly dead) house on the market this week. End of an era - family home for over 40 years

That's an emotional wrench. You must have a mix of feelings - it's a job that has to be done, but difficult with 40 years of memories wrapped up in it.

Abandon all reason

• Just put my parents (both sadly dead) house on the market this week. End of an era - family home for over 40 years

When I lost my mother in 2008, it took several years to get over it. My Dad is still alive at the age of 85 :)

Living here in Canada makes it harder being isolated. Now with this Covid crap isolation, it makes it difficult to travel. :(

• When I lost my mother in 2008, it took several years to get over it. My Dad is still alive at the age of 85 :)

Living here in Canada makes it harder being isolated. Now with this Covid crap isolation, it makes it difficult to travel. :(

Or impossible. My parents still haven't seen their newest grandchild. He's coming up on half a year rapidly and smiles and rolls like no one's business!

Sorry about your mother, I haven't lost a parent yet and can't imagine the grief. Kudos to your dad... A tough generation!!

Just put my parents (both sadly dead) house on the market this week. End of an era - family home for over 40 years

That must be very, very difficult. Condolences and I hope the process goes well.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This guy has become a legend in Ireland. Laugh heartily at the ridiculousness!

• The great news is, it's easy to find now.:P Having most of my stuff all together. It's amazing how much music I forgot I liked. :D

Having music spread around I found it difficult to find and forget. 8|

Pretty much completed all my transfers :)

I have my stuff altogether too. Well at least it's all in one room.!

Top row just Genesis LP's Books and Dvds

• Here's a thing. As I've said elsewhere, I'm getting our London flat ready for sale. To help this, we brought in a decorator we've used before, who we know does good work. I was chatting with him and it emerged we were at school together! Not just at the same school but the same year. It was only having that conversation that made us each realise we remembered each other.

Ridiculously, it was as soon as he said he supported QPR that I made the mental connection.

Abandon all reason

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My favourite aircraft. :love:

• In my cabin on a sleeper train from the Highlands to London. Heading down for the next stage of getting our London flat ready for sale. I'll miss it badly. But it's looked after us and, in a way, it still will be (assuming it sells) - from the likely proceeds we'll be able to get a detached 3-bedroom house in Inverness with a big pile of change left over.

I hope I'll get in and out and sell it before the next national lockdown!

The flat is now on the market. A very odd feeling, a touch of excitement but tinged with sadness. I took a walk around the area in the very cold, bright sunny/cloudy afternoon, feeling a little emotional.

It looks good on the property websites. I'd fancy buying it!

Abandon all reason

• The flat is now on the market. A very odd feeling, a touch of excitement but tinged with sadness. I took a walk around the area in the very cold, bright sunny/cloudy afternoon, feeling a little emotional.

It looks good on the property websites. I'd fancy buying it!

Good luck!

• Love him or hate him, I love him!....:) Hamilton has equaled Schumacher's record of 91 wins in Formula 1, now 70 points clear in the standings. Going on to his 7th title... :)

• Love him or hate him, I love him!....:) Hamilton has equaled Schumacher's record of 91 wins in Formula 1, now 70 points clear in the standings. Going on to his 7th title... :)

Neither love nor hate from me. Total indifference I'm afraid! F1.... 😴

Abandon all reason