The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• Love him or hate him, I love him!....:) Hamilton has equaled Schumacher's record of 91 wins in Formula 1, now 70 points clear in the standings. Going on to his 7th title... :)

I don't know why people have it in for him. They had right from the off.

• Speaking of going in all directions - an interesting-sounding UK project investigating linking of walking routes. Pity it's taken the virus to initiate it, but still good. It can go on the Good Things To Emerge From Coronavirus list along with not having to bloody-well shake hands with everyone you meet.

Abandon all reason

• Stupid Things I Have Done - the latest in an ongoing series.

Donned oven gloves, took casserole dish out of the 180C oven where a meal has been cooking for the last 30 mins. Take lid off, taste food, nod - yes, good - pick up lid to place it back on dish, using my unprotected right hand.

Thus went my explanation to Mrs B for the resounding crash of the lid being immediately dropped. Although - side-note - she didn't actually comment on that until I explained it. "Oh yes, I did hear that" she confirmed, with a noticeable lack of either curiosity or sympathy.

Mind you, over nearly 25+ years she's probably become so accustomed to the various cries, bangs and crashes that result from my clumsiness she's likely grown impervious to it.

Having run my hand under the cold tap (and here in the Scottish Highlands boy, is the cold tap cold) it's actually not too bad though it is throbbing a bit and I will likely be able to emulate whoever it is (John? Ringo?) at the end of Helter Skelter who yells "I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!"

Abandon all reason

• Hope it heels quickly.

The stupid thing I've done is remove my hard hat at work and hit my head on a steal beam!... Ouch!!!!!8|||

• Hope it heels quickly.

The stupid thing I've done is remove my hard hat at work and hit my head on a steal beam!... Ouch!!!!!8|||

Thanks. The upside was that the chicken tagine, which is what had been cooking in the casserole dish, was sublime. Absolutely delicious in fact. And there's still some left over for tomorrow when I predict it will taste even better.

Bloody hell, cracking your nut on a metal beam - you must've seen stars. Did you have to get it checked?

Abandon all reason

• Thanks. The upside was that the chicken tagine, which is what had been cooking in the casserole dish, was sublime. Absolutely delicious in fact. And there's still some left over for tomorrow when I predict it will taste even better.

Bloody hell, cracking your nut on a metal beam - you must've seen stars. Did you have to get it checked?

No, but if I had problems, then I would of reported it.

Though I was at fault anyway, removing my hard hat!....:(

• Hope it heels quickly.

Reminds me of a work colleague years ago who stood up after examining something at low level, hit his hard hat on what was above him, thought himself lucky he was wearing it, and then walked off WITHOUT the hard hat which was impaled on a screw sticking out of the ceiling above him!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I'm not a stargazer by any means but I read an article a couple weeks ago that Mars is unusually bright these days. I then saw this very bright reddish 'star' that wasn't twinkling, and used a phone app to confirm that it was Mars. It's really striking. I see it every morning walking to the train. What's even cooler is if I turn 180 degrees, there's a very bright white thing in the opposite direction that's not twinkling and it turns out it's Venus. At that time they are both the brightest things in the sky pretty much and they line up fairly perfectly so the earth/I am in the middle. It's a trippy feeling.

• This morning I was still asleep when the radio alarm came on, and I experienced that thing where what's playing was incorporated into a dream. It was White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, and in the dream I was watching a live gig by Steve Hackett which featured a rendition of the song with members of JA as guests. It had a prelude in which Hackett deftly played a complicated figure finger-picked on a violin, which in the dream was something he was known for. This led into a stonking live rendering of the song, which in reality was of course the actual song playing on the radio right next to me!

I woke up just as the track was back-announced and I felt vaguely disappointed that the dream wasn't real!

Abandon all reason

• I reckon the Wikipedia entry for the surname Anderson was mainly written by an American sports fan. There is a list of people with the name Anderson and at least half of them are American sports players.

Mr.Farmer will no doubt be delighted at the omission of Benny Anderson.

Abandon all reason