The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• I always feel like mowing the lawn is such a silly thing and that something else could replace the grass (clover, flowers, food, etc.). And yet when I'm done mowing I like that I can see the results which makes me feel good for the moment.

• Very happy that Lewis Hamilton has won his 7th Championship title in F1, plus 94 wins and 97 poles to his career.:)

This Turkish Grand Prix, had to be the most difficult on the calendar this year, which was pretty much icy conditions after the track was resurfaced and the race had rain. This was one of the best in terms of races so far this year for so called fans who hate boring races.^^

Was never a Schumacher fan, but since his injury, I have lots more respect for him now. His record has been broken in win tallies and equalled in the Championship by Lewis, plus poles too!.

• I told my car to play the album Up the other day and it played an unusual 24 track album with songs alternating between Peter Gabriel and REM. Strangely it worked quite well.

• I told my car to play the album Up the other day and it played an unusual 24 track album with songs alternating between Peter Gabriel and REM. Strangely it worked quite well.

Sounds awesome! I love both of those. I can imagine them working well, they are not a million miles from each other in tone.

Actually, I think they're my favorite albums by those two artists. Kind of odd that they're both called Up.

• I don't usually play more than an album or two a day. I'm blocking out everyone bar Motorhead right now . Am doing all 27; albums I own in a row . ( Row as a line or as massive noise! Either will do) Occasionally playing one twice. Have got through 13 so far in just over week. ( Promise to listen to Genesis again)

• It has been a fantastic year in F1. Less boring then other seasons from the past. Due to the covid , certain tracks were cancelled. This brought about new and old tracks from the past, which challenged the drivers.

Hamilton equals Michael Schumacher's record of 7 titles. Now almost reaching a 100 wins and pole positions. :):thumbup:

• I don't usually play more than an album or two a day. I'm blocking out everyone bar Motorhead right now . Am doing all 27; albums I own in a row . ( Row as a line or as massive noise! Either will do) Occasionally playing one twice. Have got through 13 so far in just over week. ( Promise to listen to Genesis again)

I can't listen to the same thing twice in the same day. I'm currently listening back through The Charlatans albums from most recent to the earliest as part of planning a compilation.

Abandon all reason

• Gotta say, I have not watched any strictly come dancing at all in my life, mainly due to the male poofs who call themselves judges on the show. But since I heard Bill Bailey was on, wow what a talent he is at 55 years old. Been watching some of the YouTube footage of his dancing and what a character he is.

Well done to Bill Bailey and Oti Mabuse on winning strictly.:)

Bill Bailey is a great musician/comedian plus actor too, now he's put dancing to his resume/CV...^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• FFS, is it the mid 1970s already? There's no room for this on this board, or at least I'd have hoped but it's being liked so perhaps I'm in a minority.

Hm. I missed that in the original post and agree it's totally inappropriate. Can I take back my like?

I do like Bill Bailey though. I remember his piss-take of The Edge's guitar playing left me in knots.

• FFS, is it the mid 1970s already? There's no room for this on this board, or at least I'd have hoped but it's being liked so perhaps I'm in a minority.

You’ve missed the difference between UK & North American terminology. To the latter, poof means a theatrical or flamboyant person. We discovered this on the previous Genesis fanboard years ago when a North American member posted a comment about Nad Sylvan’s poofy hair, meaning his extravagant coiffure!

• Gotta say, I have not watched any strictly come dancing at all in my life, mainly due to the male poofs who call themselves judges

You’ve missed the difference between UK & North American terminology. To the latter, poof means a theatrical or flamboyant person. We discovered this on the previous Genesis fanboard years ago when a North American member posted a comment about Nad Sylvan’s poofy hair, meaning his extravagant coiffure!

I was about put quite an angry post on this one until I read boredatwork's post. Goes to show how easily we can misunderstand each other. Hope you are right boredatwork and I assume that Noni judging by previous has no idea that the word p****f is in Britain is the same faggot in the USA which in Britain is either some pieces of wood for a fire in olden days or a rather unpleasant meat product regularly eaten with chips or fat fries as an American / Canadian would understand.!!!

• Anyway happy Christmas you all it's 9.15pm UK. Just home from work after an 11 hour shift which should have been 5 but everyone is dropping like flies so at the last minute I had to cover 6 more hours

Home now with a beer a looking forward to 3 days of Solitude, it's a long story. Hope you all have had / are having a good one.

• a rather unpleasant meat product regularly eaten with chips or fat fries

If made properly faggots shouldn't be unpleasant, they should be rich and delicious with a tasty gravy and preferably served with buttery mashed potatoes rather than chips, with a green veg - peas or winter greens are good. Washed down with cider, bitter or a decent red, it's a lovely meal.

Abandon all reason

• If made properly faggots shouldn't be unpleasant, they should be rich and delicious with a tasty gravy and preferably served with buttery mashed potatoes rather than chips, with a green veg - peas or winter greens are good. Washed down with cider, bitter or a decent red, it's a lovely meal.

Well all I ever used to have was Brains faggots or faggots and chips . Went vegan a few years back it seems pretty disgusting to me now . Really like the food I eat now don't miss meat a bit. I used to smoke , loved to have a fag but gave that up 20 years back , and the mere smell is disgusting to me now. Same thing.. No offence😁😁

• I was about put quite an angry post on this one until I read boredatwork's post. Goes to show how easily we can misunderstand each other. Hope you are right boredatwork and I assume that Noni judging by previous has no idea that the word p****f is in Britain is the same faggot in the USA which in Britain is either some pieces of wood for a fire in olden days or a rather unpleasant meat product regularly eaten with chips or fat fries as an American / Canadian would understand.!!!

Firstly I don't want to offend any one on here.

The word poof was quite exceptable back in the 70s and still used today, specially on comedy shows. The word does not necessarily mean gay, but those on the feminine side you act like women.

Happy Christmas everyone!!!:)