The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• Happy birthday to Roger Hodgson who turned 71 today (Sunday). Hope it was a good one! 8):thumbup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I went for a run tonight. It's been around three months. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It seemed chilly, but not cold, which I thought would be perfect. However, I failed to factor in the wind chill and now my knuckles are all cracked and sore. Turns out it's 2c, feels like -7c. 🤦‍♂️

From a music point of view, I used to run with wired earbuds connected to my phone in my pocket. At some point I made the change to wireless earbuds which made a huge difference. Last year, I made the leap to getting a service called Deezer on my fitbit. Now there's no phone! Music on my watch plus bluetooth headphones. Perfect for running.

• Been awhile since I've watched Meet The Flower Kings. IMO, it's a masterpiece.

Part One

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Part Two

• Going through some old files etc, I unearthed notebooks from the early 2000s. In one of them, 2 pages headed "Shit List" itemising things I evidently didn't like about my job at the time. Peter, Jo and Paul come in for a hiding with -

Jo laughing

Jo's perfume

Jo's hyperbole

Paul's interminable sentences

Wondering if Paul's going to be a slab-faced misery

Paul being a slab-faced misery

Paul saying "unforced errors"

Peter: swearing/complaining/typing/sighing/sneezing/going "hmmm"/wearing clothes with the aroma of mothballs/speaking generally

(No doubt they had me on a similar list for being intolerant. I wouldn't blame them. Weakly in my defence I'll just say I was so heartily sick of this job by that point that probably everything and everyone was irritating me).

It wasn't just people - also on the list:

Getting really stressed about commas (it was a proofing/editing job)

Having to read badly written descriptions of shit TV progs (it was a proofing/editing job for the BBC, I should've said)

Rearranging/clearing up after the night shift (judging by the mess I'd always find, they appeared to be untrained chimps)

The 65 bus Thursday night black hole

The 65 bus coughing morons

The Arcadia Centre chimes

The sound of Macs being switched on

But qualifying it for the random thread, on another page of the same notebook and unrelated to the shit list, two notes:

Diana Ross's buttocks

Alternating coloured Post Its

Were they linked, do you think?

Abandon all reason

• I had a really, really terrible day at work today. Like 'holy shit I should have stayed in bed' bad. The icing on the cake was my 30 minute train home taking an hour and five minutes. Because why the fuck not. Alarm at 5:10am, home at 9.30pm. And 99% of the time in between was excruciating.

Today: go fuck yourself.

(Not to be too grand, but I'm fairly certain days like this are part of the human condition, like acne or hemorrhoids. Fortunately they are less frequent than the better days, and the boring days).

• I had a really, really terrible day at work today. Like 'holy shit I should have stayed in bed' bad. The icing on the cake was my 30 minute train home taking an hour and five minutes. Because why the fuck not. Alarm at 5:10am, home at 9.30pm. And 99% of the time in between was excruciating.

Today: go fuck yourself.

(Not to be too grand, but I'm fairly certain days like this are part of the human condition, like acne or hemorrhoids. Fortunately they are less frequent than the better days, and the boring days).

sorry to hear it, Watcher. I teach in public education so I’ve had my share of those days