The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• Just had it out with an anti-vaxxer who was supposed to do work on our house today. He stormed off without doing the work when I explained to him that people who are not vaccinated are the reason we are losing the war with COVID. This is the first time in 2 years that I've been confronted by someone for being vaccinated. Lord help us :(

• Just had it out with an anti-vaxxer who was supposed to do work on our house today. He stormed off without doing the work when I explained to him that people who are not vaccinated are the reason we are losing the war with COVID. This is the first time in 2 years that I've been confronted by someone for being vaccinated. Lord help us :(

Good for you for taking a stand.

Whole situation not helped by the mind bending stupidity of people like Novak Djokovic setting an example.

• Good for you for taking a stand.

Whole situation not helped by the mind bending stupidity of people like Novak Djokovic setting an example.

Agreed. Novak, speaks for itself! :) He was clearly being deliberately awkward, he could have stated why he was clear of needing a jab, by being open about having had Covid. Hope they throw him out anyway!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Agreed. Novak, speaks for itself! :) He was clearly being deliberately awkward, he could have stated why he was clear of needing a jab, by being open about having had Covid. Hope they throw him out anyway!

We have extreme right wingers moaning that Australia is a 'police state' because of our restrictions. There is no point engaging with them, but whoever actually granted Djokovic the visa would be from a Federal Government department, and that is awkward. The Federal Government wants to blame Victoria because it is Labor, not conservative. This has been going on for two years.

• Agreed. Novak, speaks for itself! :) He was clearly being deliberately awkward, he could have stated why he was clear of needing a jab, by being open about having had Covid. Hope they throw him out anyway!

He doesn't want a jab though. He's a total anti-vaxxer through and through. He thinks you can purify contaminated water if you have pure thoughts at the time you drink it or something. I believe he said in an interview that this is somehow relevant to places like Africa (ie they don't need clean water, just pure thoughts or some bullshit). A vile piece of work.

• He doesn't want a jab though. He's a total anti-vaxxer through and through. He thinks you can purify contaminated water if you have pure thoughts at the time you drink it or something. I believe he said in an interview that this is somehow relevant to places like Africa (ie they don't need clean water, just pure thoughts or some bullshit). A vile piece of work.

It's lucky for him he can play tennis well, then! ;)

Ian

• He doesn't want a jab though. He's a total anti-vaxxer through and through. He thinks you can purify contaminated water if you have pure thoughts at the time you drink it or something. I believe he said in an interview that this is somehow relevant to places like Africa (ie they don't need clean water, just pure thoughts or some bullshit). A vile piece of work.

He's actually said all that?!

EDIT: A quick search suggests that yes he did, as part of his beliefs that people's "energy" can change the physical state of the world around them. (As has been said by others, no word has been forcibly crowbarred into idiotic bollock-speak more than energy).

I had previously heard his wife Jelena has spouted the 5G/covid conspiracy line so they are obviously quite a pair.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

24 hours for celebration to mark David Bowie's 75th birthday.

• I learned, courtesy of twitter, that "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…o_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

That beats the '5 ands' thing. In case anyone doesn't know that one it's where you legitimately have 'and' 5 times in a row. Imagine two guys hanging letters outside a pub The Duck and Aardvark. One is up on the ladder spacing out the letters, the other stands back to check the spacing and says "We need more space between Duck and and and and and Aardvark".

The buffalo thing revealed to me the "bully" meaning, I hadn't known that.

Abandon all reason

• "I drove all night to get to you
    Is that all right?
    I drove all night, crept in your room
    Woke you from your sleep to make love to you
    Is that all right?
    I drove all night"

Not really Roy. You live next door! I wouldn't have minded so much if you'd got into my wife's side of the bed.

Ian

• That beats the '5 ands' thing. In case anyone doesn't know that one it's where you legitimately have 'and' 5 times in a row. Imagine two guys hanging letters outside a pub The Duck and Aardvark. One is up on the ladder spacing out the letters, the other stands back to check the spacing and says "We need more space between Duck and and and and and Aardvark".

The buffalo thing revealed to me the "bully" meaning, I hadn't known that.

yes, that was news to me too. Definitely haven't heard it used in speech.

• Prince Andrew now loses all his medals and titles, this also includes his HRH which will not be used in public.

I suppose our salute now is two fingers.