The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• Thanks. Just have a slight cough right now. Hoping it doesn't get much worse. Avoided it all this time . Got it from Mrs Farmer who got it from the residential home she works at. They avoided all this time too , so done well . Hoping no one gets really ill. Mrs Farmer didn't feel good at all for for a couple of days , so we're glad we are double jabbed and boosted . She seems to be over the worst now. We slept separately and I boarded her bedroom up , just a flap to put porridge through . ( I thought I was quite thoughtful there) . It still got me. Let her out today . The washing up was out of hand anyway. Hoping that I won't be too unwell and will have a chance to watch uninterupted Olympics!

• Been getting used to the High Def quality for over 7 years now or more. Movies and TV shows.

Is it me?, but now I can't barely watch my old recordings on VHS. Back in the day, I thought they were great!...:/

• Thanks. Just have a slight cough right now. Hoping it doesn't get much worse. Avoided it all this time . Got it from Mrs Farmer who got it from the residential home she works at. They avoided all this time too , so done well . Hoping no one gets really ill. Mrs Farmer didn't feel good at all for for a couple of days , so we're glad we are double jabbed and boosted . She seems to be over the worst now. We slept separately and I boarded her bedroom up , just a flap to put porridge through . ( I thought I was quite thoughtful there) . It still got me. Let her out today . The washing up was out of hand anyway. Hoping that I won't be too unwell and will have a chance to watch uninterupted Olympics!

You're an angel. She's lucky to have you! :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Been getting used to the High Def quality for over 7 years now or more. Movies and TV shows.

Is it me?, but now I can't barely watch my old recordings on VHS. Back in the day, I thought they were great!...:/

I wonder if in 20 or 30 years time TV these days will be unwatchable.

• I wonder if in 20 or 30 years time TV these days will be unwatchable.

I doubt the picture quality will be deemed unwatchable. But there's a chance the idea of watching something in 2D will be seen as quaint. Virtual reality and augmented reality forms of entertainment will surely creep in more and more until an old fashioned tv - 8K or 16K or whatever you want - will be for grandad. Will that be in 20 or 30 years? Idk.

I personally wish we could skip to the holodeck idea from star trek. The early forms of this immersive 3D type entertainment will suck and be really expensive.

• I personally wish we could skip to the holodeck idea from star trek.

Although in a deeply bizarre bit of 24th century thinking they make it possible to disengage safety protocols and thus enable harm and death.

I wonder if the idea is that as well as abolishing money, by then they also do away with health and safety regulations?!

I suppose if nothing else it helps drive plots along.

Abandon all reason

• Is it me.? ! Do you think Bruce Willis is making too many movies in these last 3 years. :?: I've counted twelfth so far since 2018.

According to the BBC, Bruce capitalized on the pandemic by participating in a lot of pay per views films, while the theatres were closed, he was still able to make a crust or two.

• As a West Ham fan and supporter, I'm disgusted at the teams new signing of Kurt Zouma, who cruelly kicked his cat and slapped it across the face.:cursing:

The RSPCA have removed his cats from his possession and an investigation is now under way.

Personally he should be docked and fined at least 2 or more months wages and the proceeds go to various animal charities. The West Ham fan group want him removed from the club. The team bought him for £25 million after Christmas.

• As a West Ham fan and supporter, I'm disgusted at the teams new signing of Kurt Zouma, who cruelly kicked his cat and slapped it across the face.:cursing:

The RSPCA have removed his cats from his possession and an investigation is now under way.

Personally he should be docked and fined at least 2 or more months wages and the proceeds go to various animal charities. The West Ham fan group want him removed from the club. The team bought him for £25 million after Christmas.

You have to wonder at the mentality of some of these people. The Man U player who's being investigated for rape and threats to kill too, given how privileged they already are.

Plus, who's dumb enough to abuse an animal AND film it? :rolleyes:

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!