The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• The USA is a hovel. A pure shit hole. It has no redeeming qualities - zero, not even one.

Trump and his cronies have turned America into the shithole country he claimed other countries were. The far right's nationalism agenda is ugly and divisive. Makes me sick. The far left aren't any better. Both parties need to move to the center and begin focusing on the concerns of the majority in this country who want what's best for everyone, not just an elite few. That includes passing laws making it difficult for anyone to get a gun, especially when they're not in their right minds. What the hell is it going to take? Prayers for those poor young souls in Texas who perished yesterday at the hands of a lunatic with a gun. This never should have happened.

• As long as US citizens produce art like this I cannot agree with your statements about redeeming qualities.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As long as US citizens produce art like this I cannot agree with your statements about redeeming qualities.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We will agree to disagree. Some of my favorite artists are American. The country is a fucking intolerable cesspit. Any country that allows the NRA to exist is the armpit of the world. A cancer on the earth. Bill Clinton once said "there's nothing wrong with America that cannot be fixed by what is right with America". I used to think that was clever and poetic with a hopeful nugget of truth inside it. I now know it is manifestly false bullshit. There is everything wrong with America and nothing right with it.

Mods - delete this if it's too offensive. I'm too angry to give fuck number one either way.

• https://www.theguardian.com/us…exuals-immigrants-parents

Who to blame?

1. The shooter was a 'transexual leftist illegal alien'. Tweet now deleted.

2. Ukraine. Congress armed them instead of teachers.

3. Parents. They didn't send their kids to a private school where security is tighter.

They also toss out the usual 'mentally ill' stuff, although when asked if they are ever preapred to do anything to address this issue, they shrug it off.

Anything but guns. The answer is MORE guns, armed teachers, more, more more.

• I think Brits understand that the USA is a very different place with a very different culture with no chance of getting rid of all the guns and no chance of getting rid the the right to own a gun. We don't understand why there should be unrestricted access and why there should be a right to own assault weapons . We don't get why there should be a requirement to pass a test and have a license in order to drive a car but nothing to own a gun . We certainly don't understand why that man's right to own a gun was more important than the right to life of the children he killed.

• Looking forward to seeing my niece and her husband who have who have come over to England from the.USA for a couple of weeks to see the family. She ( my niece ) fell in love with an American lad whilst in South Korea.. Immigration laws in Britain prevented them being together here , ( despite assurance of free accommodation in my sister's house) as was their preference . As a wife of an American she was allowed to live and work there. She is some kind of official now working in public information for Washington state and has been over there for about 5 years.

Theresa May's immigration laws were responsible for breaking up our family. However however my niece and husband have nice ordinary jobs and can afford a nice big house of their own which is something beyond the reach of most young people here with average jobs .

• I think Brits understand that the USA is a very different place with a very different culture with no chance of getting rid of all the guns and no chance of getting rid the the right to own a gun. We don't understand why there should be unrestricted access and why there should be a right to own assault weapons . We don't get why there should be a requirement to pass a test and have a license in order to drive a car but nothing to own a gun . We certainly don't understand why that man's right to own a gun was more important than the right to life of the children he killed.

It's all to do with money as I'm aware of, according news etc and chat shows recently . The USA get a lot of money by selling guns to people regardless of the consequences. Not sure if everyone owns a gun, it must depend on their State and how safe they are.

Most USA leaders will give a sob press conference and offer prayers to families but do nothing about it. From that Texas shooting the Police failed their mission according to reports as they responded too late and neglected calls from stressed kids inside the school. By then the damage had begun :(

Edited once, last by Noni ().

And now the gun removal is impossible. There would be a civil war if anyone tried to disarm the gun owners, and they'd win, as they have guns.

Trump says more guns would make things safer. Strange, the UK has almost no guns and no school shootings. :/

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• This is news from Wednesday

Another mass shooting killing 4 people at a medical centre @ Tulsa, Oklahoma.....:(

Maybe travellers should be warned.

"In the event of a mass shooting, our thoughts and prayers will be with you".

• Follow on random thoughts after seeing Alice Cooper. Why oh why oh why do venues sell seated tickets when they know full well everyone on the floor will stand. The NEC don't always keep seats out on the floor, but they did for AC. Of course everyone stands, ( much better) but I did feel sorry for some very short people who had no chance of seeing anything were stuck in the one spot. If it was all standing in the first place people can usually find a spot or at least make sure they get side seats

• This is the first one heard of that distressing news. If it were a Muslim killing people I'm sure it would be major headline news and republicans weld be determined to find a way to something to stop it happening again.

• I saw a poll on LinkedIn asking about referring to oneself in the third person in interviews, asking if this was fine, odd, or 'depends on the job'. At the time I looked, 'odd' was polling at just over 80% which seemed very low to me. But in the thread below the poll, a few people were arguing for why it can be good thing. WHAT?!

If you're called Angela why the hell would you sit in a job interview and say in reference to yourself "Angela likes teamwork. Angela thinks good communication is very important. Angela would like to give this example of her management style."

Abandon all reason

• Anyone use Windows 11? My PC has 10 installed but I keep getting the message asking me if I want to install 11. Resisted so far but wondered if I should. Any thoughts?

“Without music, life would be a mistake”