The Thread Of Complete Randomness

• It was so nice to see a competition where there was no abuse from fans, everyone getting on with one another and the players respecting decisions.

Male players and fans can learn a lot from this

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Why does my phone allow the typo 'ot' when I obviously mean 'it'? Usually it can't wait to turn an o into an i and constantly turns but into bit, and love into live, among others. But 'ot' - apparently that's fine. I don't understand ot.

Abandon all reason

• Why does my phone allow the typo 'ot' when I obviously mean 'it'? Usually it can't wait to turn an o into an i and constantly turns but into bit, and love into live, among others. But 'ot' - apparently that's fine. I don't understand ot.

I presume you weren't typing this on your phone, or it might have read:

"Why dies my phine alliw the typi 'ot' when I ibviiusly mean 'it'? Usually it can't wait ti turn an o inti an i and cinstantly turns but inti bit, and love into live, aming ithers. But 'ot' - apparently that's fine. I din't understand ot."

I suspect it is programmed by the Policeman character from "Allo, allo" :P

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I presume you weren't typing this on your phone, or it might have read:

"Why dies my phine alliw the typi 'ot' when I ibviiusly mean 'it'? Usually it can't wait ti turn an o inti an i and cinstantly turns but inti bit, and love into live, aming ithers. But 'ot' - apparently that's fine. I din't understand ot."

I suspect it is programmed by the Policeman character from "Allo, allo" :P

It's getting absurd. Just earlier it changed 'normal' to nirmal. But as I typed out 'nirmal' just then, it wanted to change it to "normal". This sodding phone is messing with me. Well, it won't win.

I'm sure there was an A Bit Of Fry & Laurie sketch with Fry reading out an abstract poem that started "Hrane, a nirmal nighman".

The phone is now fine with nirmal and seems to have already absorbed it into its lexicon. No surprise though seeing as it suggested it in the first place, ffs.

Abandon all reason

• It's getting absurd. Just earlier it changed 'normal' to nirmal. But as I typed out 'nirmal' just then, it wanted to change it to "normal". This sodding phone is messing with me. Well, it won't win.

I'm sure there was an A Bit Of Fry & Laurie sketch with Fry reading out an abstract poem that started "Hrane, a nirmal nighman".

The phone is now fine with nirmal and seems to have already absorbed it into its lexicon. No surprise though seeing as it suggested it in the first place, ffs.

Is it an android phone? You know what they sang on Red Dwarf: "Androids, everybody needs good androids....." ;)

Ian

• I used to draw cartoons to amuse my niece. When she was 8 or 9 I did one of a cute cheerful little character Timmy Tomato. He's in the middle of waving and saying "Hello boys and girls, I'm a tomato" when a man jumps up behind him and screams

KETCHUP!!!!

Timmy has now keeled over in shock, crosses for eyes, while the man points at him and laughs hysterically.

My niece loved it and found it hilarious.

By the way she's now in her 40s and made a career as an illustrator for computer games and the official Harry Potter website. I like to think I had a tiny bit to do with it!

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• I am terribly sad that our rescue cat we got 14 years ago had to be put down. She came to us with a nasty gash under her front paw. She spent a month wearing a cone with honey applied to the wound. They didn't think it would heal and she'd have to be put down. It did heal, and she followed us all over Ireland and then to the US as we moved for work. Every night after the kids went to bed she'd harangue me for gravy treats, and every morning I'd sit at the table for a glass of water before getting the train she'd jump up and knock her head against me to get a pat. I'll so miss her and our little routines. Sleep tight Annie.

• I am terribly sad that our rescue cat we got 14 years ago had to be put down. She came to us with a nasty gash under her front paw. She spent a month wearing a cone with honey applied to the wound. They didn't think it would heal and she'd have to be put down. It did heal, and she followed us all over Ireland and then to the US as we moved for work. Every night after the kids went to bed she'd harangue me for gravy treats, and every morning I'd sit at the table for a glass of water before getting the train she'd jump up and knock her head against me to get a pat. I'll so miss her and our little routines. Sleep tight Annie.

It's hard to remember right now, but think of the 14 happy years you gave her. She got lucky.

Ian

Bless her precious soul. Its always difficult losing a member of the family :(

It's always difficult when we lose a much loved pet.

You will always have memories of her in your heart forever, no one can take these away.

Sorry to hear that

• I must remember that when playing my all time favourite album on beloved vinyl, not to get pissed and manually put the stylus back to the begining of the track! The little lever is there for a good reason

• Well, I've always felt the week began on Sunday. This is probably due to employers in America making a pay period that goes from Sunday to Saturday. On the other hand, Sunday is supposed to have been the seventh day, biblically.

• Well, I've always felt the week began on Sunday.

This is why I asked the question, as a friend earlier said she considers the week to begin on Sunday. And she's a Londoner so doesn't have the frame of reference as you. Not that your reason makes much sense to me!

That said, it's essentially arbitrary. I said to her that Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, the week END. But she just laughed. I've always felt the week starts on Monday but it's for reasons similar to your one that I said "doesn't make sense" - in my case, simply because school and work begin on Monday. Which is obviously different depending on what you do.

I'm really hoping someone will give not just a day but a specific time such as "2 hours after breakfast on Wednesday".

Abandon all reason

• This is why I asked the question, as a friend earlier said she considers the week to begin on Sunday. And she's a Londoner so doesn't have the frame of reference as you. Not that your reason makes much sense to me!

That said, it's essentially arbitrary. I said to her that Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, the week END. But she just laughed. I've always felt the week starts on Monday but it's for reasons similar to your one that I said "doesn't make sense" - in my case, simply because school and work begin on Monday. Which is obviously different depending on what you do.

I'm really hoping someone will give not just a day but a specific time such as "2 hours after breakfast on Wednesday".

As anyone who had to listen to "Sing Something Simple" on a Sunday night will tell you, the week starts on Monday morning! ;)

Ian