The Last Domino? Setlist - your favorites?

• The more I think about the setlist the more I miss the fact that Apocalypse in 9/8 was left out. As much as I love the instrumental section of Cinema Show (and for that matter the rest of the song, though they haven't played the whole thing since 1978), A in 9/8 (beginning with the marching beat before the keyboard solo kicks in) could have fit in nicely after Fading Lights. Nic has said he rehearsed it, and it really isn't that much longer than the instrumental section of Cinema Show. Phil sat on stage through that; he could have done the same during A in 9/8.

• Duchess, Afterglow, Lamb

Special mention to Carpet Crawlers, always a personal favourite and now with an extra special place for me having been there to see it being the last ever song played live by Genesis.

Abandon all reason

• "Mama" and "Domino" stood out; I think the key changes here really worked and gave them a real 'horror' movie vibe that exploited the darkness of both songs perfectly. "Mama" especially worked with the devilish red lighting and Phil's growling sounding especially menacing.

Of course, "Duchess" really clicked on an emotional level and was played with incredible power and precision. I feel bad for the one show that got "Misunderstanding" in its place. The lyrics, several of which could be related to Phil's current situation, really hit home for me and I think everyone.

Finally, I really loved the acoustic "Follow You, Follow Me." I thought it was so stunning and poignant and felt like it was being sung directly to us. Felt like such a tender moment between audience and band.

• I agree that Mama and Domino sounded great. :) Especially from the 1st concert in Birmingham on September 20, 2021, from Glasgow on October 7 - and then in Cologne in 2022 especially. :) Same Land Of Confusion. This piece - both in rehearsals and concerts - was wonderful. :) Misunderstanding with the help of 2 vocalists really sounded good - Phil's lower tone and the darker sounds of the instruments was fantastic. :) No Son Of Mine at the beginning of the tour was especially great too. :) Home By The Sea, Duchess or The Carpet Crawlers had its charm. It's a pity Abacab wasn't there or Jesus He Knows Me- but nonetheless this tour was great. :)

• I agree that Mama and Domino sounded great. :) Especially from the 1st concert in Birmingham on September 20, 2021, from Glasgow on October 7 - and then in Cologne in 2022 especially. :) Same Land Of Confusion. This piece - both in rehearsals and concerts - was wonderful. :) Misunderstanding with the help of 2 vocalists really sounded good - Phil's lower tone and the darker sounds of the instruments was fantastic. :) No Son Of Mine at the beginning of the tour was especially great too. :) Home By The Sea, Duchess or The Carpet Crawlers had its charm. It's a pity Abacab wasn't there or Jesus He Knows Me- but nonetheless this tour was great. :)

Jesus He Know's Me was rehearsed, they even commissioned video for it during the production rehearsals. But it was dropped by the band for technical reasons.

Pawciob1, this information is out there. You have to perform research to find it.

TGA

• Interesting bit of info from Mike's BBC interview yesterday, was that the Acoustic Medley was his idea and Tony & Phil were not keen on it originally.

He also said he will be doing the same thing on the Mechanics tour with other Genesis songs.

• I voted for Mama, Home by the Sea, Fading Lights and Cinema Show for PC's good voice and band performance especially Daryl and Nic.

I also liked the acoustic set especially The Lamb Lies Down. :thumbup: