The Last Domino? Setlist - your favorites?

• Official Post

The Last Domino setlist - your favorites? 44

1. Duke's Intro (9) 20%
    2. Turn It On Again (9) 20%
    3. Mama (23) 52%
    4. Land Of Confusion (9) 20%
    5. Home By The Sea / Second Home By The Sea (26) 59%
    6. Fading Lights (excerpt) (19) 43%
    7. The Cinema Show (instrumental) (19) 43%
    8. Afterglow (22) 50%
    9. That's All (10) 23%
    10. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (excerpt) (21) 48%
    11. Follow You Follow Me (12) 27%
    12. Duchess (38) 86%
    13. Misunderstanding (2) 5%
    14. No Son Of Mine (5) 11%
    15. Firth Of Fifth (instrumental) (17) 39%
    16. I Know What I Like (20) 45%
    17. Domino (18) 41%
    18. Throwing It All Away (9) 20%
    19. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (6) 14%
    20. Invisible Touch (2) 5%
    21. I Can't Dance (3) 7%
    22. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (excerpt) (21) 48%
    23. Carpet Crawlers (23) 52%

We have discussed the setlist in great detail in many threads, but perhaps a little poll would be interesting - so which tracks did work well and which did you enjoy the most?

You can pick onl yone track or all of them or anything in between. Just the ones you liked, no matter how few or many.

• Mama has always been a track I've loved since it was released, but I never thought was as good live, for some reason.

But I really enjoyed it this time around, so I voted for it.

IKWIL because it's, well, IKWIL.

But for me, the obvious high point was Duchess. Seeing it again, after seeing it in 1981, was amazing, and I'm so glad I had avoided any spoilers.

I had been talking to a hardcore fan behind me before the gig. When Duchess started I turned around, and we just smiled at each other, because we both were thinking the same thing. A lovely moment for me.

• I always thought they should have gone straight into Turn It On Again rather than Duke's Intro (same with the studio album, I never liked the order on vinyl, now of course you can programme the order you like!).

Encore should have been Follow You Follow Me then Carpet Crawlers.

I've never liked Mama or I Can't Dance.

Finally, I wasn't there but while we can discuss our favourites and their merits for inclusion, I think it's unforgivable (and inexplicable) that they didn't play Ripples.

• Finally, I wasn't there but while we can discuss our favourites and their merits for inclusion, I think it's unforgivable (and inexplicable) that they didn't play Ripples.

To be fair, this isn't a thread about our favourites or merits for inclusion. There's a gazillion of those already.

This is "what did you enjoy the most".

• Mama, Land of Confusion, Home By The Sea/Second Home By The Sea, The Cinema Show, Afterglow, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Duchess, Domino, Dancing With The Moonlit Knight, Carpet Crawlers.

I enjoyed the whole show, even the awful I Can't Dance was fun. Those were my highlights though.

• I thought Duchess was the pick of the lot. The combination of visuals and music, timing and energy was all just perfect.

Beyond that, Domino was a highlight on the night I went (even despite the very sloooowly falling over dominoes on the video), and HBTS. Follow You Follow Me was also a big one, with all the phone lights (in place of lighters I guess) held up. Special moments.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    mama + the other songs has additional emphasis with Phil's current singing style/cadence.

was talking to a fan from germany on the long bus back to central london about this (forget about getting tube...)

Edited once, last by Random: better link ().

• Duchess for a few reasons. Firstly there is the poignancy of the lyrics, particularly the last verse given how Phil is doing ("Things weren't so easy now, all uphill, not feeling so strong...") and the last chorus reflecting back to the glory days. Secondly they played it very well, from the atmospheric quieter sections to the powerful sung sections. Thirdly it was my first time hearing this song live at a concert.

• Two tracks really stood out for me, the magical rearrangement of Duchess and the most powerful Second Home by the Sea the band has ever played.

My thoughts indeed...second hbts was probably the biggest suprise for me. Never been one of my favourites, but thought that they really gave it everything..with Nick leading the charge...a great moment.

as for Duchess, has been in my top 3 for a long time, so was a real emotional highlight

• I concur with the general consensus that Duchess was the highlight of the set. My partner and I saw them at the show immediately after the Chicago show at which they replaced Duchess with Misunderstanding. We were bummed and figured that was going to be a permanent change to the setlist in the US. When the drum machine started for Duchess we were both ecstatic. I will always remember the look of absolute joy on her face ^^

• Duchess tops my list! It was also great to hear Follow You Follow Me (my wife's favorite Genesis song), and the instrumentals - Duke's Intro, Cinema Show, Firth of Fifth, HBTS.

• I agree too about Mama working particularly well. I think the new register leant it even more weight, creepiness and intensity if it's even possible. The visuals worked very well for it too.

Going over it in my mind now brings fresh sadness that they won't play anymore 😞.

• Duchess was fantastic. I also really liked Mama again this time around; that's one where the progressively lower keys from tour to tour seem to make the song even moodier.

Land of Confusion was another standout for me. I'm normally not a huge fan, but while a lot of other songs on this tour took on a softer edge LoC still rocked as hard if not harder than than it did on previous tours.

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway was a big surprise for me, because I didn't think the song was going to work in the re-worked, unplugged style, but it held up well for me.

• Official Post

I must say - I really liked Throwing It All Away in the set (although I wanted it kicked out after first news about the setlist), but this is really emotional.

Most of the tracks in the set are about dark subjects / loss etc.

I must say - I really liked Throwing It All Away in the set (although I wanted it kicked out after first news about the setlist), but this is really emotional.

I agree, that was quite nice to see. The images of the band in the background were really cool, good to see Peter and Steve included. At least, I think this is the song that featured those? On the 2007 tour, they did this for 'I Know What I Like.'

• I agree, that was quite nice to see. The images of the band in the background were really cool, good to see Peter and Steve included. At least, I think this is the song that featured those? On the 2007 tour, they did this for 'I Know What I Like.

I just looked to see if the images for TIAA were the ones I saw on Phil's tour & I couldn't tell. The band version has all the various tours on the screen.

• Official Post

I just looked to see if the images for TIAA were the ones I saw on Phil's tour & I couldn't tell. The band version has all the various tours on the screen.

the original images included - at least - the back of the Calling All Stations cassette. Shame that has been dropped. Would haven been nice had they included at least one image from the CAS phase.