PINK FLOYD release new single!

• Official Post

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• So, this is the track

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gilmour's guitar makes it floyd-ish

... make tomorrow today!

• Yes, not bad. Would have been good to hear some Gilmour vocals as well and if they had managed to get Roger involved it would probably have been more interesting musically but would have taken for ever and lost its way in the reunion furore which would have followed. All of which is hardly the point anyway. Well done to them and it will do its own little bit to raise awareness, hopefully including what I imagine will be a sizeable Floyd fan base in Russia, who are starved of accurate information about all this but might find their way to a music site that hosts this. A positive glint in a desperate scenario.

• Yes, not bad. Would have been good to hear some Gilmour vocals as well and if they had managed to get Roger involved it would probably have been more interesting musically but would have taken for ever and lost its way in the reunion furore which would have followed. All of which is hardly the point anyway. Well done to them and it will do its own little bit to raise awareness, hopefully including what I imagine will be a sizeable Floyd fan base in Russia, who are starved of accurate information about all this but might find their way to a music site that hosts this. A positive glint in a desperate scenario.

I read that Gilmour is annoyed with Waters for promoting pro Russia conspiracy theories.

https://www.theguardian.com/mu…reform-to-support-ukraine

• I think it's great what they're trying to do, and that Nick Mason bought straight into it. You all probably read what little backstory there is, that Gilmour's daughter in law is Ukrainian, his grandkids half-ukrainian, her mother or grandmother was there until recently and is infirm (or something, I probably have that last thing off). His description of wondering "what the fuck can I do?" sounded very authentic to me.

Add to it the tinge of band politics with that dour, miserable prick Waters saying a week before the war that "anyone with an IQ above room temperature" knew there wasn't going to be an invasion. Also the band removed most of their catalog from Russian streaming sites but some 70s stuff remains. Gilmour stated he had Mason's approval to remove it, and the estate of Syd Barrett, but he said nothing about Waters leading me to believe that Waters refused so some stuff had to remain.

As to the track itself, not a classic by any means. But the interplay between Gilmour's guitar and Mason's drums sure makes it a Floyd track. It's missing Rick Wright's texturing.

• Thanks for those comments, I’ve just read the Guardian article and I’ll catch up with Waters’ comments later today. It sounds like Waters is well wide of the mark here and has a lot of back-tracking to do. Gilmour is wise to keep out of that row and it’s clear he has done a very good thing for all the right reasons here, as has Mason in supporting him.

• Very moving. The track was done for all the right reasons. I saw Andriy's acapella video shortly after it was first released and it me emotionally, as I've been to St.Sophia Square several times over the past 10 years. Kyiv is a beautiful city, and the Ukrainian people deserve to control their own destiny. Good on David, Nick & co for using their fame for a very worthy cause! Slava Ukrayina!

• Very moving. The track was done for all the right reasons. I saw Andriy's acapella video shortly after it was first released and it me emotionally, as I've been to St.Sophia Square several times over the past 10 years. Kyiv is a beautiful city, and the Ukrainian people deserve to control their own destiny. Good on David, Nick & co for using their fame for a very worthy cause! Slava Ukrayina!

Well said.

Worth mentioning that David played with the singer's band Boombox a few years ago. I'm sure you've all read the news stories about this song, but in case not: Gilmour of Pink Floyd saw the singer online, in Ukraine, singing the song they turned into Hey Hey Rise Up. He apparently had to search for a long time online to make contact with the guy, which happened eventually via Instagram. The singer doubted Gilmour was the real person, and insisted on a video chat to confirm his identity. It was then Gilmour saw that the guy was in hospital with a face wound from shrapnel (the guy showed Gilmour the shrapnel that had hit him and as Gilmour commented on an interview it could have easily been a small bit bigger and blown the guy's head off).

The circumstances are awful, but everything else about the story... It is a good act by good people. They have done what is in their power to help folks in need.

• a beautiful cause, indeed. Glad to see my other favorite band (together with Genesis) still alive in some way or another, especially offering their art to help the main victims in these dark times.