Red Blue and Green Boxes Who do we contact?.

• I was hoping someone could supply details of who we could email to request a re issue of the box sets, a lot of members don’t have them and it wouldn’t harm trying to get a petition up requesting a repress. I know a few members already own them but what about the rest of us who have waited for 14 years without a hint this will be looked at again!.

• The promotional campaign for these boxsets was quite extensive, how did you miss it?

The other issue is, a lot of people didn't understand the Surround Sound aspect of the boxsets, so they thought they were over priced reissues.

The third issue, people in American whined on about excessive stereo compression, despite the boxsets being about the Surround sound from the very inception.

Fourth issue, people moaned and complained about the visual bonus footage. Forgetting it was an additional bonus to the boxsets not the main reason they were being released.

So after all of that would you still want them?

TGA

• Official Post

I was hoping someone could supply details of who we could email to request a re issue of the box sets, a lot of members don’t have them and it wouldn’t harm trying to get a petition up requesting a repress. I know a few members already own them but what about the rest of us who have waited for 14 years without a hint this will be looked at again!.

we have been lobbying the idea of rereleasing the boxsets for years when we talk to the management.
    It’s not out of question, but rather unlikely. The sets were expensive to make, then the band doesn’t like the idea of rereleasing stuff etc.

we will keep asking for it, nevertheless!

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I didn’t actually see the box sets at the time although I did buy the green vinyl Box set, I would definitely want to buy all of them without hesitation. I have seen them and watched the video footage but can’t afford to buy them at the ridiculous prices people are selling them for. If anyone bought two copies I’m willing to buy them at the purchase price!.

why anyone would complain about them is really unbelievable as they are definitive.

• we have been lobbying the idea of rereleasing the boxsets for years when we talk to the management.
    It’s not out of question, but rather unlikely. The sets were expensive to make, then the band doesn’t like the idea of rereleasing stuff etc.

we will keep asking for it, nevertheless!

amazing they don’t like re releasing when they have re issued the albums again separately on vinyl and also some of them on coloured vinyl and half speed. The lobbying of management is very much appreciated, please keep it up. If we had a poll on here requesting who would buy them I’m sure Yoy would get good very positive results to direct in their direction!.

• amazing they don’t like re releasing when they have re issued the albums again separately on vinyl and also some of them on coloured vinyl and half speed. The lobbying of management is very much appreciated, please keep it up. If we had a poll on here requesting who would buy them I’m sure Yoy would get good very positive results to direct in their direction!.

Well alot of wannabe audio engineer's were all over the Steve Hoffman forums, slating Nick Davis and the work that was done from the multi track tapes. If it wasn't the compression on the stereo (note: Stereo was secondary to the Surround sound mixes), then it was wrong tape effect etc

Christian and his team have been lobbying the management, which is a wonderful thing. Yes there are some nasty dealers out there trying to make a fast dollar/pound on remaining copies. The same low life's do it with releases from lots of bands (Tears for fears) is another example.

I honestly think they would move away from the CD/DVD or SACD/DVD formats, because one Blu Ray can hold the same information more cheaply.

Still, we live in hope.

TGA

• SACD for me is still a very viable option to be honest as I still buy them now I have a player that’s compatible. I have bought a few recently and some of the high end audio labels still use SACD ie, Mofi and Analogue Productions to sell their titles. If they did re issue then the work has already been done, It would be great also for those fans who have got into the group since 2007 and I’m sure there are a lot. Fingers crossed that whoever is involved thinks let’s do it again and see what happens.
    I know this isn’t the forum but a lot of artists re issue albums which are been sold for high prices on the used market. I would hope that Genesis management have been made aware of these silly prices - I noted on here someone was wanting over £300 for a set!. Reissuing product quickly puts a stop to blatant profiteering. It also lets true fans get things they would cherish, I know I would I have nearly bought one of these used sets for over £200 on a few occasions but quickly come to my senses until I considering it once again!.

George Michaels estate are re issuing one of his albums on vinyl which has been selling regularly for over £1000 on Discogs and the profiteers are panicking now thinking their ridiculous sudden windfalls are rapidly disappearing!.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• I noted on here someone was wanting over £300 for a set!

I've seen sets of all 5 in mint condition going for $2500.

I also wish they'd rerelease them, my copies have been away from me for years now and I'm nervous when I get around to having them in my possession again, I'll find discs missing or the boxes damaged. Kudos to Christian and his team. Fingers crossed. I may be wrong, but I feel like the demand would justify another run. After all, it's not like the work has to be redone, it 'just' has to be manufactured.

• SACD for me is still a very viable option to be honest as I still buy them now I have a player that’s compatible. I have bought a few recently and some of the high end audio labels still use SACD ie, Mofi and Analogue Productions to sell their titles. If they did re issue then the work has already been done, It would be great also for those fans who have got into the group since 2007 and I’m sure there are a lot. Fingers crossed that whoever is involved thinks let’s do it again and see what happens.

We love true SACD, like you with have a compatible player, so we have enjoyed everyone of our multichannel SACD's. The War Of The Worlds (original album) is fantastic as a SACD, multichannel of course.

Then there's Peter Gabriel's 2002 album UP, again brilliant in this format.

But it just feels as though the format has waned, Genesis did try Selling England By The Pound as a blu ray audio. But it didn't exactly fly off the shelves.

TGA

• But it just feels as though the format has waned, Genesis did try Selling England By The Pound as a blu ray audio. But it didn't exactly fly off the shelves.

TGA

again another title which the flippers are selling online for top dollar!. I honestly don’t get the powers that be not having another attempt at these. Times have changed the equipment has decreased in price somewhat to replay the discs. Even groups like Marillion are re issuing box sets twice or three times and selling out for example the set for “Misplaced Childhood” has come and gone a couple of times and sold out on each occasion. I agree regarding blu ray becoming the popular format at the moment, but the ability of being able to put more albums per disc although great would possibly decrease sales, as I myself like to see one album each disc. I think with bluray You could possibly get a full set of these on one disc?. Although I’m not sure on capacity which I think is around 50gb per disc in comparison to 4.7 or 8gb approx.

It would be super if they released each box set on Stereo SACD although Stereo and Multi Channel layer discs are equally fine.

If anyone points whoever pulls the strings across to eBay and sees the full set of these for well over £1500 then maybe that would do the trick. I haven’t seen any of them sell for less than £175 and that’s the red set primarily and I’ve been watching these sales for around 5 years.

Does anyone who can do this occasionally view posts in this forum or is it just fans who frequent this site?.

Thanks.

Edited 4 times, last by Wayne ().

• I think it would be great to re-issue the albums with blu-ray audio in a similar way to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin's super deluxe boxsets that they have done for the past 10 years.

I became a Genesis fan in 2011, and thankfully discovered the boxsets when they were at the tail end of being available new in stores and online (except for the blue one which was out of production). I do not take these sets for granted because they helped me learn a lot about the band when I was a new fan, and so it would be great to have an updated reissue of these.

• I have the Blu Ray of SEBTP. I wish they would re-release the others.

• Here's the 76-82 one alone going for nearly $800 (it's a steal - marked down from $900!).

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/39208…id=p2332490.c100889.m5204

Can't find the full set for $2500, it must have been taken down, or more likely it sold.

Not sure why I find this a fair comparison, but you can get a nearly perfect first edition, first printing of The Exorcist (something they can never make more of) for less than these box sets by Genesis. https://www.abebooks.com/servl…4rNC8sGV6BmhoCzwkQAvD_BwE.

• Would it be possible for Christian to do a poll of who would buy this and who has it but may buy another if it was updated to bluray possibly?. And point it in the record companies direction. Anything would help out cause and I’m sure this would. I would like to see the original back out again, I feel it’s really needed for a lot of folks.

• Would it be possible for Christian to do a poll of who would buy this and who has it but may buy another if it was updated to bluray possibly?. And point it in the record companies direction. Anything would help out cause and I’m sure this would. I would like to see the original back out again, I feel it’s really needed for a lot of folks.

Knowing nothing about marketing or how demand is formally gauged, I'd question the usefulness of a poll here given there are ten or twenty regular posters. I think the jumbo premium we see on the existing sets would be a strong enough indicator of interest. Happy for someone more knowledgeable than I to correct me though!

I'm sure it'd be possible but of very limited value or significance. There's nothing stopping you setting up a poll yourself in fact. But it won't be of any interest to a record company.

Abandon all reason

• Fair comments from you both I guess if there’s only 20 people who would reply it wouldn’t tempt any record company to re issue. I guess the only way

for it to happen is if the record company realise people are paying such high sums on a regular basis for these sets. I’m guessing that they ain’t aware. I would say that I’ve seen each set sell For between £150 and £ 300 on over 50 occasions in the past three years. If money wasn’t an issue for me (which it is) I’d have already bought them by now.