Red Blue and Green Boxes Who do we contact?.

• I can understand why they wouldn’t be interested in reprinting these sets. While it’s been some time since they first came out, I’m not confident there are enough ‘new’ Genesis fans (or at least the ones willing to spend close to £100 per box, three times over) to warrant that decision. Much better to launch a complete ‘re-fresh’ of the catalogue; that way, owners of the current sets will also buy the new product. The answer to the question ‘How should that be done?’ is out there in plain view; step forward the Jethro Tull sets. Whether Genesis have enough in their locker to come up with comparable sets I’ve no idea, but that’s the way forward in my view. There is another obstacle, I suspect, in that Tony Banks appears to be of the opinion that Nick Davis has golden ears. I sense many out there hold a different opinion of his mastering and mixing choices (personally, I’m fine with them, although even I find some of the top end too ‘toppy’ at times). All that aside, put me down as another prospective punter should they ever decide to put something new on the market (pointless multi-disc ‘best of’ complications aside).

• Seems to me the simple answer would be to issue each album as an "original mix/remix/5.1 mix" package, and we can pick and choose. Pretty much the only way I'd bite.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Whilst were on the subject. Something I only just thought about after 14 years. I've always assumed the 2008 digital remaster CDs that are available are just the stereo mix that is on the SACD when played on a standard CD player. Please tell me I'm right .

• Whilst were on the subject. Something I only just thought about after 14 years. I've always assumed the 2008 digital remaster CDs that are available are just the stereo mix that is on the SACD when played on a standard CD player. Please tell me I'm right .

As far as I'm aware, yes!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I can't understand Management using cost as an issue for not re releasing, especially considering how much the official website charges for postage on orders :rolleyes:

Every album, book, DVD has to be classed as a project. Projects need budgets, budgets include Return On Investment. Record companies will not constantly throw money at projects by a band that doesn't break even.

The website, is run by a third party (online shop). Genesis get their cut, but only their cut. Believe me looking at some of the t shirt designs, it would seem like they don't always get a say on such products.

Still, much as I would like Genesis to release the full Dallas 1977 film etc such things do not always make for good ROI.

TGA

• I always find it funny that these guys made so much money, but on reality they should have made buckets more, but they weren't that bothered compared to other bands and artists.

They just simply wrote songs and played it for themselves ultimately.

Tony Smith on the other hand.....:D

• I always find it funny that these guys made so much money, but on reality they should have made buckets more, but they weren't that bothered compared to other bands and artists.

They just simply wrote songs and played it for themselves ultimately.

Tony Smith on the other hand.....:D

Never really thought or realised anything about that but I do think their drive has been their music and friendship. They must have made a ridiculous amount. Charterhouse Public schoolboys. Huge amounts of money in the families anyway may explain if they weren't bothered if that is true. They have always been used to money. As far as PC is considered,

well his wealth must unimaginable and I doubt if SH ever had that much say in the business side.

• There is another obstacle, I suspect, in that Tony Banks appears to be of the opinion that Nick Davis has golden ears. I sense many out there hold a different opinion of his mastering and mixing choices

This has been widely debated but I'm pretty sure that Nick was only responsible for the remixing (generally very good, in my view) but not for the remastering (very poor, in my view).

• Yes, I think you’re correct. Just looked at Invisible Touch and it says the remastering was done by Tony Cousins at Metropolis Mastering. Also agree on the mixes; true, I don’t have the original mixes to compare to but the new ones sound fine. Maybe Tony needs to find someone not also called Tony to do another set of masters?

• I have put this on my watch list out of interest . I have now been offered a£750 discount!

• I have put this on my watch list out of interest . I have now been offered a£750 discount!

that’s very generous of them considering the full set cost that to buy new. They certainly are cheeky expecting someone to be that desperate to pay such a ridiculously high price. If anyone is thinking of buying it at that price they must have have bought Twitter and therefore money is no object.

• I wish that Whoever decided what things to release would read this post, maybe it would enable a re issue. It would be great for sellers charging so much to be left with egg on their faces.

• I wish that Whoever decided what things to release would read this post, maybe it would enable a re issue. It would be great for sellers charging so much to be left with egg on their faces.

Sellers try it on . I reckon they would snap my hand off for a £1000.

• The third issue, people in American whined on about excessive stereo compression, despite the boxsets being about the Surround sound from the very inception.

Um, I know for a fact it wasn't just Americans that complained. There were quite a few Brits that didn't like it either as they voiced their displeasure on the older forums at the time they were released. Don't judge by trying to pin this on one group. :rolleyes:

• Still not sold . Now selling for €500 less! I still doubt if they'll get the new asking price.

• I saw the full set on eBay last year in Germany and I forgot to bid on them and they went for £400 or something which is what I’d pay for them. Was slightly gutted that I forgot to place a late bid. I wish they would do these again. Sooner rather than later and I don’t feel they have any excuses not to. All the work has been done and it would be just reprinting everything.

• I saw the full set on eBay last year in Germany and I forgot to bid on them and they went for £400 or something which is what I’d pay for them. Was slightly gutted that I forgot to place a late bid. I wish they would do these again. Sooner rather than later and I don’t feel they have any excuses not to. All the work has been done and it would be just reprinting everything.

Keep an eye on these . Sure they will drop the price again. You could put in a cheeky offer. I do think that £400 is very good price though. I'd say anywhere between £700 to a £1000 for full 5 set . £500 to £800 for the 3 set. You could contact the seller and see what they would take for the main 3. Hopefully they haven't been a twit and and paid out too much to invest!