Misunderstanding

• I chose the middle option. Certainly closer to like than dislike, and if it was any other band I'd probably enjoy it more, but it just doesn't feel quite Genesis enough for me.

And I appreciate that's terrible logic based on an incorrect assumption that Genesis should feel like something in particular, but there you go!

• As so often I like the live renditions more than the album version, and this is certainly the case with "Misunderstanding". Here's a nice example of "Misunderstanding" live in 1982.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As so often I like the live renditions more than the album version, and this is certainly the case with "Misunderstanding". Here's a nice example of "Misunderstanding" live in 1982.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Easily one of my favourite tours the band ever did. The performance here of Misunderstanding is one of the reasons why I hold this five-man lineup of Genesis in such high regard. Daryl's superlative playing, Chester providing a solid backbone with effortless groove, Mike's groovesome bass playing, Tony's restraint (amazing how a player who had given us tunes such as The CInema Show and Riding The Scree could so easily adapt to the more stripped down approach of the eighties) and Phil's soulful and inspired singing. Just brilliant.